My new "POS Castex wand."

Rex Tyus

Rex..............just forget it!

Are you some Cuban illegal immigrant?

You have me confused with the South Florida crowd. I am in LA (that is Lower Alabama for the geographically challenged). 8)

You Twit!

Reactions: SamIam

TimP

My wife can push the greenhorn and she's 5'7. Not that she can do it for long cause she's not on very muscular. But the height thing isn't a problem.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steve, have you ever run a Castex wand in the "real" world??

I haven't, so I can't make any comments one way or another about how well it cleans.

You like Prochem's 4 jetter?
well, personally, i think Prochem's 4 jet wand is a heavy, pile jet distortin' POS.
and honest to God, I'd rather clean with a 2 jet AW29 over the PC 4 jet

wands are a personal thing and wanding style can have a lot to do with it as well

..L.T.A.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
meAt said:
Steve, have you ever run a Castex wand in the "real" world??

I haven't, so I can't make any comments one way or another about how well it cleans.

You like Prochem's 4 jetter?
well, personally, i think Prochem's 4 jet wand is a heavy, pile jet distortin' POS.
and honest to God, I'd rather clean with a 2 jet AW29 over the PC 4 jet

wands are a personal thing and wanding style can have a lot to do with it as well

..L.T.A.

I have used wands like that before, one doesn't have to use that exact wand to tell its gonna suck, the PC quad jet is one of the heaviest wands I know of, however is very comfy to use, to me personally the AW 29 type wand is the exact type that hurt my back after a couple rooms. its also nowhere near as durable.

some people here get so close minded about things and stuck in the way they have always done things. I worked for 3 different companies before starting my own, so I was exposed to a bunch of different types of equipment and tools, sometimes you just have to give something a through try and you might just like it.

BTW never had a problem with pile distoration with the 4 jet, different strokes for different folks I guess, there are also people who don't like glides so go figure

Mikey P

Administrator
I have used it in virtually every residential and commercial situation that normally come up, and I have found this wand to be the best wand I have ever bought. It moves as easily on all cut piles as the hybrid glide, 2 inch wand I have been using, and does the same on most looped pile residential and commercial carpets. The only time I have to bring out the 2 inch is when I do wool orientals.

I originally went to the 2 inch wand because my drying times were pitiful with my 36 blower. They got so bad that I actually bought one of Oden's overpriced vac boosters. The 2 inch wand, along with a section of 2.5 inch hose allowed me to get 1 to 2 hour drying times, put the vac booster in storage, and saved my back from pushing that crappy 1 1/2 wand Magic Wand (and virtually everybody else) sells. Only problem was the 2 inch wand and hose really started screwing with my 50 year old, arthritic, hands and arms. It was no fun cleaning anymore.

Jimmy talked me into trying the Castex wand and ... to tell you the truth ... if I had listened to him initially ... I could have saved myself a year of suffering. The Castex gives me drying times in the 2 to 3 hour range (I still use the 2.5 hose as the first section) and using a light 1 1/2 inch wand has stopped all the pain I was suffering from.

I actually like cleaning again.

Thank you Jimmy!

PS I will bring my old 1 1/2 wand out of storage, put a hole glide on it, and keep it on the truck for that occasional commercial, or oriental rug that the Castex doesn't glide well on.

PPS May be, with the hole glide, that old POS will do ok.

holy mother of Gideon, what an idiot.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Marty is all about making FAKE news!

Can't trust him for any kind of genuine opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom