My New-To-me Sapphire

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
So Larry sold me his lightly used Sapphire upholstery tool.
Then held my check until
I had a chance to test it, which makes him a decent guy.

Respect, Cap.

Now for you other lurkers and small timers like me who haven’t yet tried one of these and have been using the typical single jet tools, here are a few impressions.

First, it is a whole different way of cleaning. We are all used to laying out the tarps and alternately wetting and drying, fast stroking to avoid saturating the cushion and being ultra careful to not hose down the nearby bookcases.

The “Upholstery Pro” has an adjustable valve that lets you throttle down the water flow until it comes out the center bar in the tool head, does a mid air u-turn and gets vacuumed back into the tool. No overspray! The adjustment lets you be pretty precise with the amount, so it flushes the fabric without slobbering all over, so no more runs.

It was very weird at first, since I have a built in pattern that avoids overshooting edges, working in a pattern that picks up the extra runs and so on.

With this tool I could work on upside down sections, edges and in any direction I had to and it took getting used to. It is like your first motorcycle after riding bicycles. You just don’t know what you are missing!

I know several other similar tools are out there and couldn’t offer a comparison. What I can say is that the Sapphire is going to up my game and lower my fatigue. The furniture I used it on (at home) has never been as easy to clean with any of several single-jet tools and they look and feel much better than I am used to.

Locate and get one of these for yourself. It looks weird, but it works amazingly well and is, I am sure, a money maker!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
So Larry sold me his lightly used Sapphire upholstery tool.
Then held my check until
I had a chance to test it, which makes him a decent guy.

Respect, Cap.

Now for you other lurkers and small timers like me who haven’t yet tried one of these and have been using the typical single jet tools, here are a few impressions.

First, it is a whole different way of cleaning. We are all used to laying out the tarps and alternately wetting and drying, fast stroking to avoid saturating the cushion and being ultra careful to not hose down the nearby bookcases.

The “Upholstery Pro” has an adjustable valve that lets you throttle down the water flow until it comes out the center bar in the tool head, does a mid air u-turn and gets vacuumed back into the tool. No overspray! The adjustment lets you be pretty precise with the amount, so it flushes the fabric without slobbering all over, so no more runs.

It was very weird at first, since I have a built in pattern that avoids overshooting edges, working in a pattern that picks up the extra runs and so on.

With this tool I could work on upside down sections, edges and in any direction I had to and it took getting used to. It is like your first motorcycle after riding bicycles. You just don’t know what you are missing!

I know several other similar tools are out there and couldn’t offer a comparison. What I can say is that the Sapphire is going to up my game and lower my fatigue. The furniture I used it on (at home) has never been as easy to clean with any of several single-jet tools and they look and feel much better than I am used to.

Locate and get one of these for yourself. It looks weird, but it works amazingly well and is, I am sure, a money maker!

Best. Upholstery. Tool. Ever. Made.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
There is another clear uph tool coming out soon....
C'mon Mike....

Should I wait?

I ordered 10 gallons of Maxim from Interlink today to take advantage of a stock up day coming up Friday. I inquired about the SS Upholstery Pro sale that I seemed to miss in October. He said he was going to see what he could do and would send me an email with possible special pricing on the tool.

But I don't want to shell out that kind of cash if a newer version is coming out.

A DriMaster 4?

Shoot me straight man!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
C'mon Mike....

Should I wait?

I ordered 10 gallons of Maxim from Interlink today to take advantage of a stock up day coming up Friday. I inquired about the SS Upholstery Pro sale that I seemed to miss in October. He said he was going to see what he could do and would send me an email with possible special pricing on the tool.

But I don't want to shell out that kind of cash if a newer version is coming out.

A DriMaster 4?

Shoot me straight man!

I wonder if Mike realizes he stops
People in they’re tracks!

Reactions: Russ T.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I have the clear head SS upholstery tool and I can clean with it all day and not be tired.
Precise, light, dry and with lots of feedback thanks to the clear head.
Would not be interested in the heavy tools...often given for free when you buy...whatever.
Does not squirt you in the face like the knock off.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
20171027_142530.jpg
I have the clear head SS upholstery tool and I can clean with it all day and not be tired.
I've seen you do it too! :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom