My new toy

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Well two; after saving for a year I was able to pay cash for it. This will be a time, knee and back saver to pull wet wood floors, tile and glue down carpet.
View attachment 4449

This is the second one; It's an air sled and heavy items are easy to move. Also I do not have to worry about scratching wood or stone floors. This pictures are of the move-back and the file cabinet is full of papers.
View attachment 4450View attachment 4451

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've had ours for years they work great. We've used them to move more than appliances too. Entertainment centers, large screen TV's, anything heavy. It does the lifting for you and you just balance it. :headbang:

We bought it because we scratched a newly refinished wood floor and had to pay to refinish it. :neutral:

Worse was being kicked in the teeth by the homeowner for knowing that the floor was newly refinished and still scratching it. We bought the airsled right after that.

Michael it a very similar blower to the one you use to dry your car with, only smaller in size.

Tedburton

Name
Tom Patnode
We've had ours for years they work great. We've used them to move more than appliances too. Entertainment centers, large screen TV's, anything heavy. It does the lifting for you and you just balance it. :headbang:

We bought it because we scratched a newly refinished wood floor and had to pay to refinish it. :neutral:

Worse was being kicked in the teeth by the homeowner for knowing that the floor was newly refinished and still scratching it. We bought the airsled right after that.

Michael it a very similar blower to the one you use to dry your car with, only smaller in size.
The blower is set up like a back pack?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We rented one to move a full refrigerator/freezer over a softwood floor. Worked so well even this pickiest of customers couldn't find anything to complain about.

They rent for about $20 a day if you want to try before you buy.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Thats a deal. If I'd have had access at $20.00 a day I'd have just rented it when we need it.

Same here, if it would have been available as a rental would have never bought it. We have used it three times since the purchase. But it is a must have item or like you said you are going to buy a wood refinishing job for someone else.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Is that glue down onto concrete? I can't tell.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I agree on the beeper for residential, hopefully there's a way to turn that noise off.

What was the cost of the machine?
How much does it weigh?
It runs on 240v?

Last time we had a similar floor it also took the guys 2 days w/ hammer drill and the wood floor scraper that you'd push (it's electric). This was with 2 guys...the glue was a pain and took quite a bit of time. I believe it was around $300-$400/day for both machines rental, plus labor.

View attachment 4549

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We have the 5280, the self propelled model with all the extra weight... First time I used it I thought, why in the hell did we pull this stuff up by hand?! With all the different blades, its a very versatile machine. I'd love the ride on version. but can only dream about that for now.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I agree on the beeper for residential, hopefully there's a way to turn that noise off.

What was the cost of the machine?
How much does it weigh?
It runs on 240v?

Last time we had a similar floor it also took the guys 2 days w/ hammer drill and the wood floor scraper that you'd push (it's electric). This was with 2 guys...the glue was a pain and took quite a bit of time. I believe it was around $300-$400/day for both machines rental, plus labor.

View attachment 4549

The back up beeper is better than using a hammer drill and scraping glue on your knees. The cost was 26k and it weights about 1800 lbs with weights. This is the propane powered model. National also has a battery operated model. Taylor tools has a bronco that has an extension cord.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thankfully I've never had to pull any hardwood floors myself, my guys get down and dirty. :)

But you are right, hammer drill is pretty much a jackhammer.

It's a nice machine, we just don't get that many glue down floors to justify that type of cost.

Back
Top Bottom