My new water otter won't build pressure

SCC

Name
Steve Baker
I bought a water otter a couple of weeks ago but haven't used it much. I bought a bunch of other stuff like a crb, a sheardry, turbo hybrid and this otter. I've been focusing on rearranging my van to accommodate these new tools. It worked fine the first couple of times I tested it out. I used it for 15 minutes or so testing my tile spinner out. I used it Saturday morning to clean some upholstery it seemed fine but I was looking for a lower PSI.
I think something was amiss on that job because I tried to bump the psi a bit and couldn't tell the difference. I didn't think much of it. I got to a job today and left my 220 psi Mytee waterbox at home. First job I got bit in the ass. It wouldn't build psi past 200 or so. I turned the valve in I turned it out until it came off in my hand. I shut it off and did a visual inspection. It was getting water. The motor and pump weren't hot. I've only ran cold water through it so far.
The job went fine repeat customers lightly soiled nylon carpets. I used my CRB and they were blown away. Cleaning at 200 psi or so was fine.

Sorry to be so long winded just thought I could answer some questions you might have about the symptoms. I got home and figured I would just look it up on the internet. The owners manual is a joke. I can find a parts list for the pump but nothing for the other parts of the machine.

I can lightly press down on the unloader valve with a screwdriver and pressure builds like normal. The Knob has only a few small male threads exposed. Not enough to get a bite. Someone on another forum suggest putting a washer or two above the spring. I tried that as well but there aren't enough threads. Can anyone tell me if the Knob is adjustable from the bottom? The threads spin but won't extend or go back in. Is this what the bottom of the knob is supposed to look like? I bought everything from rotovac and they are offering a replacement. I would rather solve it myself or at least learn from this because I have confidence in the machine. Sending me a new unit transporting the old one seems unnecessary. I'm supposed to call this morning he's going to do a conference call with Pumptec.

Attachments

• 0719171935.jpg
    0719171935.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 188
Name
Nate W.
I have a Mytee otter box I received in a deal with other equipment as well.... Thing got progressively louder and louder while I used it... I currently use it for a pressure washer in shop set at 1000psi... It takes a few squeezes of the trigger to get the pump to put out high pressure... I'm thinking it's either a bad unloader valve or something... Your talking louder than a pissed off woman who just found out she was the side chick....:eekk:

It still works for now but I'm pretty sure it's going to break...:yawn:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom