My shirts are losing color.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Buy 100% polyester with dri tech. They breath. Ditch the cotton and cotton blends. There cheap for a reason.
In our business, these new age polyester shirts don't mix with us sweating so fast it doesn't have time to evaporate before our pants are soaked twice as much. I see your point on it lasting much longer and being more durable, but cotton has a purpose. As long as I change my shirts out between jobs, cotton is always gonna be my choice. Price isn't a factor in this case. I get the best cotton shirt available, not cheapo wally world shirts

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Back to the shirts losing color...I never did a vinegar wash on my shirts when I bought them. My next order will get the color lock wash. Thanks for the tip

Tony Wilson

Name
Tony Wilson
In our business, these new age polyester shirts don't mix with us sweating so fast it doesn't have time to evaporate before our pants are soaked twice as much. I see your point on it lasting much longer and being more durable, but cotton has a purpose. As long as I change my shirts out between jobs, cotton is always gonna be my choice. Price isn't a factor in this case. I get the best cotton shirt available, not cheapo wally world shirts
Your working too hard! Jk

Lol. No I see what your saying I personally just feel cooler in a dri fit but then again I'm a sloooww cleaner so I don't sweat as much plus were I am in California we don't get a lot of humidity.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Nate W.
I've had problems with Cotton and cotton blends stinking while being soaked with sweat... Don't forget the sweat lines too... I don't miss that at all... I'd have to dry out my work shirts before putting them into the dirty laundry or they'd be nasty...

I've only used the vinegar for washing stink clothes like when you don't take the clothes out of the washer fast enough and let it sit...

Name
Jeff T
I've had problems with Cotton and cotton blends stinking while being soaked with sweat... Don't forget the sweat lines too... I don't miss that at all... I'd have to dry out my work shirts before putting them into the dirty laundry or they'd be nasty...

I've only used the vinegar for washing stink clothes like when you don't take the clothes out of the washer fast enough and let it sit...
Nate, next time you buy laundry detergent, p/u a box of 20 mule team borax..... add 1 cup to every wash load, AND YOU WILL NEVER STINK AGAIN...... the shyte is amazing..... you will thank me later.....

steve_64

I don't stink in the summer, I must sweat out the toxins. or something because I notice the odor comes back every winter along with my infected sinus.

My towels get to stinking sometimes when I'm taking two or three showers a day. I soak them in OSR or borax depending on what's handy. Soak em overnight. It will turn bedsheets nice and white too if that's what they are supposed to be.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Whenever I do my MIL pads and sheets and clothes, i add a slurp of Saiger Cide. Mrs Coastie was pretty sceptical at first, then she swiped the whole bottle for the house.
Darn you, Mark Saiger!

hogjowl

Idiot™
My son does their laundry at the office, because their washer is broken (and why fix it when Dad has a free one at the office). He uses Procyon.

Name
Jeff T
Rule #1 Don't be a funky monkey! Person hygiene should be a priority!

I always wear an undershirt when cleaning and change midday.
I had a cable dude come to my home a few weeks ago..... he smelled like ripe cheese.... blue cheese to be exact..... he was so smelly, my wife left the house with the kids....and left me to deal with the funk..... after he was done, I opened all the windows, and broke out the odorcide fresh scent..... yuckers. I will NEVER call that company again. EVERYTIME I think about it, I start to gag.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom