My solution line burst

Name
Swani
I've had this solution line for 5 years and it finally went. I've got lot ls more solution line on my real, but I'm going to replace it all. My lead is going to be 150' because not very often do I go over that. What's the best solution line out there that can handle high heat, doesn't bleed, and doesn't create memory? Is there such a thing?
20231029_164404.jpg

Name
Jeff T
I've had this solution line for 5 years and it finally went. I've got lot ls more solution line on my real, but I'm going to replace it all. My lead is going to be 150' because not very often do I go over that. What's the best solution line out there that can handle high heat, doesn't bleed, and doesn't create memory? Is there such a thing?
View attachment 125056
We use Good Year Neptune. As soon as I get it from my hose supplier, I use double wall heat shrink (3:1 shrink ratio), and apply 3 layers on the wand end.
1: 8” piece, shrink over hose and crimp.
2: 12” piece over crimp, 8” piece, and hose.
3: 18” piece over crimp, 12” piece, 8” piece and hose.

Feed end from TM, 8” piece over crimp and hose.
2: 12” piece over 8” piece, and hose.

Using this system, my hose NEVER fails close to crimp….

HOWEVER, we do crazy amounts of hours, and the hose wears out prematurely…

I get 4 months out of a hose.

I buy 265’ 3 Times a year..

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
We use Good Year Neptune. As soon as I get it from my hose supplier, I use double wall heat shrink (3:1 shrink ratio), and apply 3 layers on the wand end.

How many hrs a year do you put on your hose?

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Loves black death.

Parker type hoses get pinoles 2-3 years in and then you replace zero black death ever.

Reactions: Mike J
Name
Swani
I tried the 150 lead because of commercial. But man, that’s a pita. I hated it. I haven’t found anything without a memory, it’s like AI.
What lengths do you typically run?

I saw somewhere that when you first get the solution line, you should get it real hot, stretch it straight out, let it cool, then reel it up, and it will help reduce memory for future use.

Luky

Name
Mario
View attachment 125056
Rubber hoses with steel braiding should be replaced once in two years if not every year. Their longevity depends on many factors
( harsh weather- cold or hot) running temperatures -180°-
240° or higher) and care
( kinks, getting run over by a vehicle, etc.) No matter what solution hose you get, it will develop coil memory. Rubber hoses are more pliable; thermoplastic hoses
( polyethylene ) are more rigid. Hoses with steel braiding will develop gunk and rust over time( risk of black death) when they burst. I have used thermoplastic hoses for almost three years ( very light, 150 ' section weighs less than 50' section rubber hose. I'll be replacing them this year mainly because of aesthetic blemishes.
You can explore buck- a- foot solution line or high heat solution line from JB, if you don't want to pay three or four bucks a foot. Do more research and decide.

Reactions: Living The Dream

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The 2 absolute worst hoses on the market right now is the Aerotech Flexion hose (went through over 400ft under a year) and The cobbs plastic hose (pinholes all the time when I had my titan)

I've tried all of them except crazy joe's and parker.

And eagle wash gave me the longest, most reliable experience

Reactions: Living The Dream

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
What lengths do you typically run?

I saw somewhere that when you first get the solution line, you should get it real hot, stretch it straight out, let it cool, then reel it up, and it will help reduce memory for future use.
Just normal 50fters. It’s really not solution hose that is a pita, but vacuum hoses. Too much of that out is the pain, or just not quite enough😡

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom