Mytee speedster model ?

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I have a Mytee speedster its must be an old model because I cant find an exact one to compare to any where. It has a black ABS body and chassis. Two vac motors, pump out and CAT 1LX100 500 psi triplex pump. The problem I have is that the pump started leaking at the housing seals I rigged it with some o rings and it’s good for now but I want to get parts for a real repair later. I have found the parts and the valves; seals and pistons will run about 135.00 and a new pump 225.00 so I know I am better off with the new pump. My question is, is there any other way I should go on this portable? Like a different pump, I have plenty of room the one in there now uses a 1/3 hp motor and looks like the 1200 psi pump used on some Mytee models but not sure if I want to invest 750.00 on a pump. Also I have noticed most of these machines are using 100 or 250 psi pumps now. Any input would be great.

[imgurl=:1cxfrdj3]http://www.dultmeier.com/images/prodpage/CC-1LX100-Carpet-Pump_Motor.jpg[/imgurl:1cxfrdj3]

kiwi

I've got a few older black 1005 Speedsters like yours, with the 1LX100 (1 GPM) cat pumps.
Cat make good pumps and they can last well if you change the oil every 500 hours of use or so,
and run them at a lower PSI (250 or so) rather than maxing them out all day.
Its seems to me that it also depends on the actual 1LX 100 you receive with regards to the reliability.
Some have lasted quite awhile for me, and some haven't.
They're probably better pumps than Pumptec IMHO, which is the brand Mytee put into their newer
speedster models after the black mold.
Never bothered with the rebuild kits.
The 1000 and 1001's speedsters have lower pressure pumps, but you clean better and easier with more pressure.
The cost is still around $250.00 for a new 200-250 PSI pump, so i'd just get a new 1LX100 and Dultmeier
have them at the best price.
If cost wasn't an issue and I wanted the best pump available, I would install the Pump that is in the newest Speedster LTD5 coming out this month.
Its a General Triplex 500 PSI pump and has excellent flow (2GPM, twice the 1LX100's) and has a great reputation.

Larry Cobb is also a good guy to ask about Mytee pumps and vacuum motors. http://www.cobbcarpet.com/index.htm

On a different subject, one thing I did to improve my older speedsters, was increase the port size to 2 inches and put in Cobb Carpets LMB2A Vacuum motors.
Quite a big improvement in Vacuum performance and you can then use 2 inch hose for better airflow and also do longer hose runs.

kiwi

Not sure if the New General Pump would fit in the older speedsters though, as Mytee have changed the design of the mold
where the pump and Vacuums are housed.
Larry Cob would know.

Back
Top Bottom