Nautilus Extreme, or king Cobra?...

Name
Jeff T
I turn down 3-5 porty jobs a week... My wife is pushing me to get a porty I will actually use... Between these two machines, what is the best choice? Keep in mind, I want something that can do carpet, and T&G......

Name
Jeff T
Is there such a machine that can do uph(200-250 psi), carpet(350-500 psi), and T&g(850-1200 psi)....autodump....????? Does it exist? Oh, with GOOD CFM?

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Is there such a machine that can do uph(200-250 psi), carpet(350-500 psi), and T&g(850-1200 psi)....autodump....????? Does it exist? Oh, with GOOD CFM?
No. If you want to do tile and grout that's one thing but if you want a machine that performs well on carpet, the machines with 1200-1300 psi pumps won't. Here's the thing. You are only going to have 2 power cords and if you want to add a heater, you will need a third. A machine with a 1200 psi pump is using 1 power cord just to power that pump. The vacuums will be 2 lower power 2-stage or a single 3 stage simply because there isn't power available to run anything more powerful. You need a machine with an adjustable piston pump such as a pumptec or cat. You can adjust these from 100 psi -500 psi. They have a half horse power motor that on my machine takes 2.74 amps. You will want 2 -3stage vacuum motors, preferably in parallel. One power cord will have a vacuum and pump on it and the other will have the other vacuum. You can add an auto pump out to this cord. You will be operating at the limit of 15 amp circuits and will occasionly blow the breaker if in older buildings. You will be using a 3-4 flow wand because the pump just won't supply anymore than that. Having 2 inch plumbing is a real asset but there are machines that will do quite well with 1 1/2 such as a high performance EDIC. They have a 10 gallon and a 17 gallon machine. They offer 500 psi pumps with 2-3 stage vacuums, make sure that it is the 1/2 hp motor. The smaller motors will not give you any more that a 2 flow at 500 psi. EDIC offers an inline heater that mounts on the back of the machine with its own power cord. Personally, I like the Mytee portables. They offer 500 psi with 3 stage vacs in parallel with 2 inch plumbing. Don't buy one with a built in heater as it will be a lower power machine to accommodate the heater. There are machines with more powerful pumps and more powerful vacuums but they take more power to run than what you will have available. These machines will usually require 1 power cord to be hooked up a 20 amp circuit. Talk to Willy P. or Goomer about what they have used and issues they have had to overcome. I have a wide selection of portables at my disposal and the 2 I use the most is my custom built 24 gallon machine with 500 psi and dual 3 stages in parallel, which I use for suites and areas I can't reach with the truck mount and I have a 17 gallon Rustler with a 220 psi diaphragm pump and 2 -2 stage vacs on 1 cord. I use this in building hallways where there is only power cord available. Not very powerful but on commercial carpet, it does get the job done. Think carefully about where and how you are going to use it, power available and does it go in your van easily and do you need it to go up steps.

tres davis

Name
tres
Just get the lower psi ones with good vac that are better for carpet/upholstery. If you need to do tile just scrub the shit out of it with your 175 and rinse off with the porty. If you scrub it enough, will do just as good a job as truckmount.
No need spending a bunch of money on a porty with apo, 1200 psi, etc
Waste of money imo

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Machine was sold, the torrent was a bada$$ machine, 1200 psi, auto dump, auto fill, feed it with 180 degree water from water heater and extract with dual 3 stage vacs, all from two 15 amp cords.

All I have left now is a 1200 psi us products tile cleaner with auto fill, auto dump, single 3 stage vac 2 15 amp cords.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I turn down 3-5 porty jobs a week... My wife is pushing me to get a porty I will actually use... Between these two machines, what is the best choice? Keep in mind, I want something that can do carpet, and T&G......

If your new to hacking with a porty, keep it simple.

No heat, and no higher pressure pumps for t/g.

0-500 adjustable psi, twin high performance 3-stage vacs, and APO if you want.

Look at a 1005DX Speedster or LTD5.

Best bang for the buck.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The larger pump motor will require a 20 amp circuit. 1/2 HP is as far as you can go on 15 amp circuits. Even with the 1/2 HP it all depends on the cam in the cat pump. Too big of a cam will raise the amps. The cat pump is nice but I still prefer the Pumptec. More adjustability. Talk to the Mytee technical guys to see what you can get in 2 15 amp circuits. If you are not planning to run long hoses, check out the EDIC Galaxy 2700 high performance machines. Little bit lighter and more versatile with the 17 gallon capacity. You can always add an inline heater that fits on the back of the machine. Power is under 15 amps on both cords. The heater has its own cord. If you are just doing condos with it, it's great

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Even in the 1005DX, the 1/2 HP Cat Pump system & vac #1 would require a 20 amp circuit.

That is the minimum for 500PSI @ 2GPM + high perf. 3-stage vac.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Even in the 1005DX, the 1/2 HP Cat Pump system & vac #1 would require a 20 amp circuit.

That is the minimum for 500PSI @ 2GPM + high perf. 3-stage vac.
You are exactly right Larry, that is why I am using a Pumptec at 500 psi at aprox 1.5 gpm. Tested amperage with a clamp meter is 2.74. I doubt if Mytee will change pumps. I looked at their line up and all of their high performance machines require a 20 amp circuit. I have to say I am impressed with the new 220 psi diaphragm pump that you have with one of the machines you offer. I have it on an old NSS rustler 17 gallon machine and it peforms quite well. Not as good as a 500 psi pump but not bad, especially with some heat. Not a bad machine if you have 2 3-stage vacuums. Edic has one like that as well.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Cat1XLM[1].jpg Not all 500 PSI pumps are created equal.

To turn the Turbo T&G tools, you need 2 GPM @ 500 PSI or more.

That requires the larger AC motor like the 1005DX or 1006DX has.

The 220 PSI diaphragm pumps are an easy upgrade.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You are absolutely right, that's why I say you can't get one machine to do everything. You have to make up your mind, do you want to clean carpets or tile. When I clean tile, I have a general pump with a 3/4 hp motor taking aprox 10 amps giving me 1000-1200 psi at 1.5 gallons a minute. I mount it on top of one of my old ninjas, dropping the suction and bypass hoses into the solution tank. The ninja has 2-2stage vacuum motors that recovers the cleaning solution on the tile floors quite well. Although I can turn down the pressure to 500 psi or less, I wouldn't use the same machine on carpet. Just doesn't have the enough vacuum power in my opinion to dry the carpets properly. Some people may disagree but I think the more water you use, the more you have to recover. The 2-2 stages just don't do it. When I use my big machine at 500 psi with my 2-3stage vacs in parallel, I recover 90-95% of the cleaning solution depending on the style of the carpet. The ninja with the same pressure and flow is lucky to recover 60%. These aren't estimates, these are actual specs from using both machines.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That's why u need a wife and a girlfriend when the wife won't do the job the girlfriend might based on which one has more psi and won't blow a fuse. I'm not sure on the warranty of either unit. jz.
Jackie, I think you are using the Edic Galaxy 2700. Can you enlighten us on what model it is and what size jets you use ? How do you like it?

Name
jack zerkie
Galaxy 2000 500psi& 2 -3stage vacs and outside heater. I use 2-11002 tips not the 1.5 . Great unit for cleaning and furniture . The weight and low handle make it hard going up stairs. If the handle were raised it would pull easier, I.m 5-10 so anyone taller would have more of a problem, but other than that it's a quality unit for the money. jz.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
You are absolutely right, that's why I say you can't get one machine to do everything. You have to make up your mind, do you want to clean carpets or tile. When I clean tile, I have a general pump with a 3/4 hp motor taking aprox 10 amps giving me 1000-1200 psi at 1.5 gallons a minute. I mount it on top of one of my old ninjas, dropping the suction and bypass hoses into the solution tank. . . . Although I can turn down the pressure to 500 psi or less, I wouldn't use the same machine on carpet. Just doesn't have the enough vacuum power in my opinion to dry the carpets properly. . . When I use my big machine at 500 psi with my 2-3stage vacs in parallel, I recover 90-95% of the cleaning solution depending on the style of the carpet.

You will have top vacuum with the dual 3-stage hi-airwatt vacs on the 1005DX or 1006
DX (for 90% + for recovery).

And actual spraying 500 PSI to clean carpet, along with a full 2 GPM for Tile & Grout .

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Galaxy 2000 500psi& 2 -3stage vacs and outside heater. I use 2-11002 tips not the 1.5 . Great unit for cleaning and furniture . The weight and low handle make it hard going up stairs. If the handle were raised it would pull easier, I.m 5-10 so anyone taller would have more of a problem, but other than that it's a quality unit for the money. jz.
That's a common problem for a lot of machines. It would be nice to have a strong folding handle for going up stairs. I was looking at the specs on your machine and the 2700 as well. I like the 17 gallon capacity of the 2700 at only 104 lbs.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You will have top vacuum with the dual 3-stage hi-airwatt vacs on the 1005DX or 1006
DX (for 90% + for recovery).

And actual spraying 500 PSI to clean carpet, along with a full 2 GPM for Tile & Grout .
I agree, if you have the amperage available. I had a speedster briefly. who ever had it before me took out the high pressure pump. I liked the vacuum configuration and it was very easy to work on. I would prefer a different handle but the large rear wheels made a little easier to go stairs. It's too bad that you need 20 amps for one of the power cords.

Name
jack zerkie
I like the EDIC I can still throw it in my express van I don't like ramps and it's good for main floor work. I want to sell my orbot can't lift it into the express van due to my old age. To many tools to have in storage. Larrys truck mount and my Zipper are the winners. jz.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom