neato

Mikey P

Administrator
100_1513.jpg

AdamHale

This is a 5-m blower,the vac relief valve sucked in the blower, if you want to see more photos.

Mikey found them on a post I had in the bird room, I will post the post look at the top right of the video, it's in my photobucket. click the photo

th_2047fc0d.jpg

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Les;

Never saw one cracked like that.

Is that a steel bolt welded to a washer??

The washer is the valve seat ??

Was the blower covered under warranty ?

TM looks fairly new, How many hours?

Larry Cobb

Larry Cobb said:
Les;

Is that a steel bolt welded to a washer??

The washer is the valve seat ??

Was the blower covered under warranty ?

TM looks fairly new, How many hours?

Larry Cobb

HI

larry

Yes that's a bolt with a washer no seat, it was a warranty I did for BlueLine
the truck had 20 hrs.

BTW it's good to see you

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ok note to self......maybe not such a good idea to put vac relief above blower...maybe keep in/on the tank

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Floorguy,

You brought up the numero uno reason to keep mechanical devices with small parts away from the inlet side of the blower.

While placement "may" arguably protect the blower infinitesimally better in cases of poor vac filter maintenance, it represents a greater hazard due to potential mechanical failure. I think it is a really good idea to have the vac filter between the relief valve and the blower inlet, which is what placement on the vacuum tank exactly does.

Those are awesome pics. I'll have to refer back to them when again I have a discussion with one preaching for a vac relief valve above/before the blower.

Rex Tyus

That guy needs lessons in how to roll up hoses on hose reel neatly. What a mess.

If my blower just imploded I wouldn't be to worried about how neat the hoses were rolled up either. I would be hauling ass to the shop. Hell, them hoses would be lucky if I even rolled them up at all. LOL.

R

R W

I know the older Powermatics had a relief valve mounted on the intake of the blower intake, just about like that one. It does have a cage to catch the rod and washer if it broke loose.

Back
Top Bottom