Need 4" exhaust pipe/hose for #5

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
After having our OLD OLD Sutorbilt #5 re-surfaced and giving it all new bearings, We need to give it 4" exhaust... because right now it's reduced to 2.5" :|

I would like to use the flexible rubber stuff that can take the 250deg temps... just can't find a source for it that doesn't cost $40 ft.

Greenie

those are steel elbows, to not have to install steel, I had some aluminum ones made up, they are a little more expensive, but a better tool if you ask me 4 years from now when you go to remove them, also I would have a custom configuation made up, where they weld they weld the 4" tubing to a 4" male pipe thread since your blower mount is likely 4" FPT, that way you can screw in the elbow.
With a little advanced notice I could make this here, I have 4" parts on the shelf, and for the final touch I would anodized the completed part for durability, that is what we do to my 2.5" stuff that so many have.

Greenie

That is what Lisa says....lol

I end up with shelves and shelves of stuff cause i have to buy 10 units(or sometimes 100) to get a good price, then I sell 10% or so to fulfill the need, that leaves lots of paid for special projects on the shelf....but not much profit....lol

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Greenie said:
those are steel elbows, to not have to install steel, I had some aluminum ones made up, they are a little more expensive, but a better tool if you ask me 4 years from now when you go to remove them, also I would have a custom configuation made up, where they weld they weld the 4" tubing to a 4" male pipe thread since your blower mount is likely 4" FPT, that way you can screw in the elbow.
With a little advanced notice I could make this here, I have 4" parts on the shelf, and for the final touch I would anodized the completed part for durability, that is what we do to my 2.5" stuff that so many have.

What will it be for a straight threaded section for the exhaust, and a 90 deg threaded elbow for the intake?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
from experience on my Big Red blower, screwing on a 90 is a PITA.
Better to have a straight pipe, then clamp a 90 on it.
Even on the CanAm, screwing the blower silencer on was a challenge. Manageable, but a challenge. If I ever have to take it apart it'll be quite the task.

Name
Lee Stockwell
We use a 4" pipe union between the blower and the flex hose section. Easier to remove or check a component without manhandling the "flexible" hose off of a pipe nipple.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
On the discharge side of my blower I have one piece of exhaust pipe welded inside a close nipple which I cut in half. I then connected a sweeping mandrel bent 90 using a SS exhaust band clamp. Makes it real easy to take apart and comlete flexibity in how I turn the elbow. At the other end of the 90 I have my blower coupler hose which in my case goes to the exchanger.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom