Need a good wand

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I'm looking to move up from my *blush* Pmf802 to a good 14in 4 or more jet wand. What do you recommend and why?

Thanks

Rex Tyus

Greenhorn high performance wand from GG. 14" with 2" pipe 5 jets offset and angled so you can crank the psi and not penetrate the backing. Flow and flush baby. Check valves put solution impact closer to fiber, less heat loss, less pressure loss, way less humidity while cleaning.

Simply an AWESOME wand.

Rex Tyus

That is one hell of an accomplishment in 2 years.
It is late so I want beat around the bush as usual.
I will simply say

BULL SHIT!

Rex Tyus

To say you prefer a wand over everything else that is out there is one thing.

To state everything else is "shit" detracts from any credibility. Very few seasoned cleaners would even know how many styles of wands are out there much less to have personally used each and everyone to rate them worthless. Give me a break.

Fon Johnson

I agree with Rex. I started doing this stuff 29 years ago and get tired of some snot nosed, wet behind the ears, know it all punk giving us all advice. When I had been in business for 2 years I still believed that truckmounts were a "dog and pony show." :roll:

Mikey P

Administrator
Well I've tried alot of them in my 22 years and with out a doubt a GGlided Prochem TI wand is the best that can be had.

No question.

Pump up the volume and it's even better.

Fon Johnson

Marty, one day when you have time I will explain to you why hwe is better than OP AND I won't have to google it. 8)

I will just use sound science that I learned in school (yeah, when I was pre-med.) :lol:

Now, seriously.. I still use a 802. I like it, but that is probably because I have used it for years and am familiar with its nuances and have learned to do a good job with it. I have another wand, but I just never really got the "feel" for it with the exception that it is longer which I do like. I don't think there is a single wand that will fit everyone.

Which wand is it that Greenie has now? I would lke to have a 2 inch with more flow, check valves to stop the dribbles, and killer vac. Is that wand overkill for a 33 blower? My dry times average between 2 and 4 hours with my 802, so would I see an improvement?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have a TI wand and Greenie's wand, both are good but the TI is the better of the two.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Nothing wrong with the 802.
We used them for years (actually the AW29) which I liked better than the 802 for several reasons, like Tee-jets instead of V-jets, check valve strainers and tee-jets were cheap and easy to get at the farm supply store, the 29 is lighter with better welds and finish than 802.
Both the same basic design, though.

I'd take an 802 or 29 over a standard prochem quad jet wand any day.

and there's no way in the world I'd own or use a Ti if glides weren't available for it.
We like our Ti wand best.
But I wouldn't be ashamed of our work if we had to go back to our AW29s.
I'd just turn down the psi to 350 and do like i always did before we bought our Ti

..L.T.A.

Greenie

We make glides for over 50 wands, Butler isn't even in the top 10....sorry.

Having Pimped a few Ti wands, I could tell you the good and bad of that one.
The Greenhorn is value priced tool, at 1/2 of the cost of a Ti wand it shouldn't compare....but it does, most popular with Distys of all of our products.

Rex Tyus

I don't mind paying more for better. What does the TI do that the green horn doesn't? Is it Twice as good. or 20%....?

Mikey P

Administrator
It will last forever.

It has a tactile feel that cant be beat.

It doest' get as hot on the pipe as Steel so if you wand steps that's a plus.

A cast head vs a welded leads to a more solid feel or interface with the carpet.

Assist handle is very solid and comfy.

It's longer as well I believe.

Basically, once it's been modified, it's a joy to use and behold, much like a fine wrist watch.

Sure, for the asking price it should come ready to use but like every thing else in our industry, it needs to be pimped for the discriminating cleaner.

Why Prochem wont admit that it needs a better valve kit, check valves, more flow and a GGlide is beyond me. I ask the reps at Vegas each year and they have no clue.

minuteman

I have used a few in my 31 years of CC, but the 14" - 5 jet Gglid from GG is my fav. ,the 16" is next.

I'll have to try Mikes Ti at Vagas in Sept. if Greenie brings some. Just to SEE.

Greg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Rex, I haven't had the pleasure to try a Greenie modified wand, so I can't comment on how well it cleans compared to a Ti.

I have seen and handled the basic stock wand Greenie pimps out and sells.
imHo, the quality of construction on the Ti is superior and the Ti should last "forever".
Also being made of titanium, it's also light weight and quite nimble for such a large wand.

having said all that, if I hadn't got a great deal when I bought my Ti a few years ago,($680 new) I'm not sure I'd part with $1100 bukz for what they're getting today for 'em.

There's two wands similar in design and greenie uses one of them to pimp.
One is a flimsy POS imNSHo, and the other is a little better constructed.
I believe Greenie uses the better constructed wand.

He could clarify what the two different wands are.
One is a Westpac and can't recall the manufacture of the other one.

The flimsy one is worth about as much as an AW29 IMO, (about $200)

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom