Need help on bid and its a biggie

cobra

Name
DJ Holland
158,000 sf cgd HHUuuuuuugggee building 2 set of stairs. cubicles, offices etc . They want done once per quarter. HWE not encap so don't ask. That's what they and we want. THey want done on weekends and nights what would you bid??????

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
First they are idiots! But sell them what they want.

I'd bid .09 sq/ft, thats probably very high but to HWE is going to be a chore. If you win the bid you better make some money for the effort.

HWE with a Zipper you should be able to average 1,500 sq/ft an hour. Thats you making $135.42 an hour.

185,000 sq/ft at 1,500 sq/ft is going to take 105 hours to clean.

I'd use 5 tm's. I'd start Friday at 5:00 pm work till 10:00 pm.
Then Saturday 9:00am-7:00 pm Sunday 8:00am -1:00 pm

Discount only after you complete the future cleanings. First cleaning is no discount as it is corrective cleaning. The future cleanings are maintenance so you can slightly discount.

This one of those jobs you'll wish you didn't win. HWE that square footage is a bitch. Been there done it and it was no picnic.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Once in awhile I get blown away by the expertise that lives on this board...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
158,000 sf cgd HHUuuuuuugggee building 2 set of stairs. cubicles, offices etc . They want done once per quarter. HWE not encap so don't ask. That's what they and we want. THey want done on weekends and nights what would you bid??????
How many truck mounts and employees do you have?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
And if you get the bid, PLEASE, keep us informed on how the job goes, what your setup was with everything, and how much square footage/hour you're hitting it with. Guys like me can really use this information. Don't except any advice from me, for I have no knowledge in this part of the business. And if I get in a "know it all" mood and run my mouth, just ignore me or tell the pig man to tell me to go clean my trailer out

Reactions: EDS

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We used two man crews and had two supervisors. Did it twice a year for two years and eventually convinced them to switch to encap.

The encap we did with 8 people, 6 Cimex's in half the time and it looked better, dried faster and was secured. No extra staff to guard our entry points.

We cleaned with encap for the next 3 years but they squeezed it down to one cleaning a year instead of two. We raised our price .03 a sq/ft and the kicked us to the curb. :lol:

And the rest is Rock n Roll history! :biggrin:

Chris A

Name
Chris
Figure out what it will actually cost you to do the job, add what you'd like to "make" on top of that and there ya go. I'd bid less than any price that has been posted so far, with plenty of profit left. Some things to consider.

-your not cleaning all 158000 square feet, much of it will be covered by cubes, file cabinets, etc.

- cleaning 4x a year that carpet should never be very dirty anyway so you'll be moving, at least 2k square foot per hour.

- you can make a little less "per hour" on this job and way make it up in volume. Nice score I'd like to have one of those land in my lap right about now!

roro

Name
Ross Craig
so you'll be moving, at least 2k square foot per hour.!
You wear roller skates when cleaning to achieve that speed?:headscratch::headscratch:
Seriously if you can achieve that for eight hours a day I would love to know your technique

roro

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its all good if you can encap but if you are forced to HWE its not worth the effort.

Hose management was just nuts. Each truck had 300 foot of hose. It was blue spaghetti with hoses everywhere. :dejection:

Fresh water, lunches, breaks, coordinating were a pain too.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
The only callbacks will be on the tm areas.
No kidding. How dirty is it? On impacted CGD I've never been able to get it completely clean the first time through - always wicks back - and I have to go back and padcap it.

Wouldn't want to be in that situation on a big job...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A job like this either needs to be done in stages or with multiple units and a large crew. I like Chris's answer, figure out what it's going to cost you and add what you want to make on top.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
12 cents and whatever you normally charge of the furniture/office chairs and commercial stairs. Sell fabric protection for entry and stairs... $20k plus-
Looks like you have night work for a while and long weekends... So a very solid week to 10 days of killer hours...if you are a young guy and have help ... then go for it! Take pictures and post. Zipper for better production rate.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm still wondering what happened to the WalMart entryway cleaning job?
I finished it, they paid me. The carpet still looked like crap.

Lesson learned...Never clean walmart entryway carpet. You get more crap out of that carpet than you would if you cleaned your back yard. And your back yard would look better.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Whatever happened to price quoting the New Jersey way?

Client- How much?
Cleaner- How much you got?

Always worked for these guys-

upload_2017-3-9_17-16-27.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom