Need help with 870 chem injection.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Would this be beyond use? I probably made it worse by taking it out to check it.

ED643A80-47A0-4F78-9468-64AC92D123EC.jpeg
F61B4CB1-D9B4-483F-97EF-F7C87D0C0838.jpeg

Reactions: SamIam

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
You guys and Meg aren't going to believe this. I flipped that disk around, put back in the chewed up diaphragm, and it snapped back to life. Ok, back in business. I don't know how much longer I have with that diaphragm but I have new ones on the way. Thanks for the video Mark.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I should probably check my APO rubbers. I'm almost afraid to look.

Dear Lord..dont touch the APO..that thing should last year's trouble free...just flush it out with clean eater now and then...your o-rings and diaphragm on the chem pump are being desolved by your rinse chemical...over time it starts to deteriorate them...between that and the high PSI when cleaning tile..1000 to 1500 hours is about what they are good for......the only thing that goes wrong with APO's is when they are left sitting to long and not flushed out...or if there is no in line filter and crap gets up in the check vavles...other than that they are pretty bullet proff....

Reactions: JS41035 and Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Dear Lord..dont touch the APO..that thing should last year's trouble free...just flush it out with clean eater now and then...your o-rings and diaphragm on the chem pump are being desolved by your rinse chemical...over time it starts to deteriorate them...between that and the high PSI when cleaning tile..1000 to 1500 hours is about what they are good for......the only thing that goes wrong with APO's is when they are left sitting to long and not flushed out...or if there is no in line filter and crap gets up in the check vavles...other than that they are pretty bullet proff....

What could go wrong ;)

Reactions: steve_64
Name
Scott Turknett
Did you see the valve on his pulse pump? He can turn it off in high pressure use

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
yes.....I noticed that it was isolated in the picture....that's the way they all should be.....
The manual says anything over 1200 PSI the pump should be turned off and isolated. I have never ever turned it off since I never go over 1000 PSI. I,m usually around 900 PSI on tile.

Name
Scott Turknett
If you don’t need pulse injection it is the better way to turn off flow, so you aren’t wearing the rubber parts

The manual says anything over 1200 PSI the pump should be turned off and isolated. I have never ever turned it off since I never go over 1000 PSI. I,m usually around 900 PSI on tile.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

do you use or think you need a rinse for tile.....I would be shutting it off every time..........

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
do you use or think you need a rinse for tile.....I would be shutting it off every time..........

Yeah I leave the pump on but the chem switch to off with tile. I never need to go over 900-1000 on tile. I don’t like blasting grout. The heat and chems seem to work for me. But maybe I’ll start turning the pulse pump off just to save wear and tear. But I can’t complain. I got almost 1400 hours out of it.

I know I said it before. But thanks to all you guys for helping me out. I learned a lot. Turns out I didn’t need to remove the muffler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
For the record. The 870 ran all day at the RMH today. It was a beast.

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You worked pretty hard and reliably all day yourself Damon.

It was great to work with you (and several other MB I hadn't met before), and get to know you better.

I'm looking forward to seeing you at class in March.

Special thanks to Davis Pailliotet, Ely Young, and Scott McKay, who unselfishly slaved over rayon velvet and other challenging fabrics with me while others worked on the floor surfaces.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom