Need help

GaryUK

Name
London
Hi guys, my customer want to clean this rug with me, and i dont know what should i do, i dont have water bath or garage so everything i have to do on site (he has garage).

i have basic carpet cleaning equipment Hwe, carpet rake and chems, i have prochem woolsafe prespray and extractor shampoo (s780) + spotters, which are working good on carpet.

about the rug: i saw some oil spots and food soil but not looks so deep soil.
it is about 1m x 2meter and when is it new cost 550£

what else do i need? how much should i charge?

rug1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

rug2_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

rug3_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Does not look like a bleeder but test anyway. Use wool approved products, low heat and dry fast and you should be OK.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And if you need to do any spotting beside the regular wool safe product, TEST on back.
As the open field areas are likely to lighten up (halo) with some spotters.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree stay away from alkaline spotting products. They they tend to leave that halo, I think they put optical brighteners that make the brighter halo. We use neutral spotters on wool so we don't have the problem.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
It is loomed India. A lot of wool . You will only be surface cleaning it. I usually throw them in my pit
To clean them just like a hand knotted.

GaryUK

Name
London
Does not look like a bleeder but test anyway. Use wool approved products, low heat and dry fast and you should be OK.
It is loomed India. A lot of wool . You will only be surface cleaning it. I usually throw them in my pit
To clean them just like a hand knotted.

Dry not to fast can be a problem? , big problem?

I don't have pit just hwe :(

rhyde

Name
rhyde
It's either indo nelapse or nepalses. It's not likely to bleed however some of these particularly indo rugs can have stencil bleed issues which should not be an issue with
a surface cleaning. If you have fans with you running them over the rug during cleaning greatly improves drying time and groom the knap down if you have a proper brush one like this works
napbrush_ab18_lg.jpg
...don't forget to pre vacuum!

rhyde

Name
rhyde
There are three types of Nepal/Tibetan rug productions. Rugs made in Chinese controlled Tibet, Rugs mostly woven by Tibetans that fled chinese occupation in Nepal and
rugs woven by Nepalese in northern India infact thats where the Dalai Lama & the ousted nepali government now resides. I guess technically they should be called Indo -tibetan most of the stuff coming from Tibet are traditional designs while the Indian and Nepali are contemporary or reworked with modern color pallet.

From Tibet
380--.JPG

Modern Nepalese rug from Nepal
tufenkian-tibetan-modern-total-eclipse-vineyard-rug.jpg

Indo Nepalese
wool_+_art_silk_pile_rug_-_bg32_-_80_knots.jpg

GaryUK

Name
London
This job is done, most soils come off and the grease spots as well, costumer is happy with the results.

IMG_20141217_141403_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

IMG_20141217_141400_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

thanks guys again

GaryUK

Name
London
QUOTE="dgardner, post: 4329134, member: 41935"]That's the tiniest air mover I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, that is a little fan, what normally I don't use for work.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
What did you end up charging? You asked that in your original post, but no one commented on that. Not that you should base your prices on what anyone else is doing....but we charge $3.00 sq. ft. to clean with a wand onsite, and $3.50 if we bring back to shop and then deliver back. It includes protection.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Joe, I was answering his question. In the original post he asked what would you charge.

Like him, we do not have a pit and clean wool rugs using the wand/truck mount. If we go to customer and clean for them at their location (onsite) we charge $3.00 per sq. ft to clean and protect wool. If we pick it up, clean in our shop (same method) and return to the customer, we charge $3.50 per sq. ft.

Hope that makes sense.

GaryUK

Name
London
What did you end up charging? You asked that in your original post, but no one commented on that. Not that you should base your prices on what anyone else is doing....but we charge $3.00 sq. ft. to clean with a wand onsite, and $3.50 if we bring back to shop and then deliver back. It includes protection.

I was charge 40£ for this rug

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
So many carpet cleaners think they can hack out a rug with a wand and call that a deep cleaning for that kind of money. Make money any way you want but just to let you know, you're leaving a lot of soil in those rugs and it will damage them.

Reactions: Ron K

GaryUK

Name
London
So many carpet cleaners think they can hack out a rug with a wand and call that a deep cleaning for that kind of money. Make money any way you want but just to let you know, you're leaving a lot of soil in those rugs and it will damage them.

I advice my costumer this is not deep cleaning just surface cleaning, and also I told him better choose some company who have equipment to do rug deep cleaning. Finally we check 5 company who do rug cleaning: prices between 180-250£ and about 3-5 days take to get back the rug. he doesn't want spend to much money for this cleaning so he decided choose cheaper way 40£. (The rug was 550£ when they bought it)

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Wool rugs pretty easy deal to clean. Until you get ones with pet urine. Just removing that from the back is joy enough. Don't get them to wet. Fibers can start to fall out easily on wool (especially long pile wool). We use less than gallon of water for the entire clean. For a 5x8 rug you had, would have charged them $90

We did stop cleaning viscose rugs though, colors bleed way to easy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom