Need recommendation for commercial extractor

Scott

We're lining up some pretty big multi-story accounts that need extraction. Can't use a TM, unfortunately, and Cimexing is out of the question. These are fairly large medical centers (25k-50k s/f) where we'll be cleaning carpet in the commons areas, lobbies, waiting rooms, halls, and patient rooms. Area sizes are from 5,000 (lobbies) down to 250 s/f (patient rooms with heavy patient tables to go around).

We have several portables but they're a PITA to use. We have the SteamWay 900 (huge portable) w/heat cart, Steamin' Demon (can't hook up water easily on some of the accounts), and a couple of Sensei units (way too small). A truckmount/booster is out of the question due to having to lock ourselves in.

Anyone have a Readyspace? Comments?

Or do you have another portable extractor rig that can do ~1,000-2,000+ s/f /hr?

We need an extractor that can actually clean/dry well w/o being a PITA to use.

Just when I thought we had every tool in the friggin' toolbox (except a V/AT), another opportunity knocks that needs some specialty tools.

Thanks,

Scott

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I'd be happy to loan you the Commodore for a couple weeks. It's a 20 gallon, 20" self propelled self contained extractor... 100 psi, 1-2gpm pump, decent lift for a porty, holed glides & hook up for a wand or uph tool. If you like it buy it. If you don't send it back... Shipping is all you.

Fon Johnson

It sounds like you need a machine with decent psi, great vac, large solutions and recovery tanks, and the capability to auto fill and dump. Have you thought about using a large walk behind for the large areas(lobbies and hallways?) While many dismiss walk behinds, they do have their place, BUT you must have them adjusted properly and fine tuned. I used to use a Castex Falcon 2800. It did a good job if adjusted properly and I was even surprised at the percentage of water recovered.

Whatever you do, it might be a good idea to try to demo some machines to see what fits best.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
That's what I just said Fon. LOL

Oh yeah, Scooter... You may wanna replace the jets in that. The current ones are old & brass... But it does a pretty decent job as is anyway.

The Preacher

a SW 900 w/ heat and an RX20 should be your ticket to the bank???

i also used a Castex Falcon to makes lots-o-money years back!!!

wouldn't work well in the lobbies though!

Name
Jesse
I like the ready space. In restoration mode it cleans really well. There have been jobs where it was difficult to match it results with out tm. The downside is it's big and restoration mode requires you to keep moving forward, stopping or reversing is a slow process before you can extract again. Ready space mode still cleans pretty well and works foward and backward. Battery life has been a issue on a few jobs for me. I've been meaning to send greenie a pick of the vac shoe, it needs a glide.

Reactions: AJR

minuteman

Go buy a Bane Clene unit and twek it!
Add an Rx20.
Call Greenie and add his eletric Vac and heater.
You can put the Mini Mount on a Golf cart.
Do not forget the auto pump out.

Greg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
If you can use a GLS to agitate some prespray I would then go over it with a walk behind using water.

Nobles/Clark do some research on the net and get a good deal.

Powerflite has some cheap ones.

ron markam

Tennant makes some decent walk behinds my church owns one.I played around with it one night it did o.k. . One feature imo that is a necessity is the ability to operate in forward and reverse. Most that I have seen only work with you pulling it backwards.

diamond brian

I actually have a big-ass walk-behind Castex Falcon for sale: $350 + freight and in great cond. I'll even throw in a bucket heater. You can also hook-up hoses and use as porty. Uses one cord--next best thing to a $10,000 Tennant for your situation.

G

How about visiting your local Hillyard store. They have machines that they would love to let you play with for a night or two hoping that you will buy it.

Chad

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom