Need some help!!!!

Gscorpio

Hello everyone my name is Glen from Delaware. Just need to know how to get started with carpet cleaning what equipment i should use and start with. I was looking at a Clarke EXT515 and a Numatic CTD 902 the best and should i also get a buffer to scrub the carpet before i extract????

Gscorpio

Any Advice??? Also need to know whats Bonnet cleaning should i start with that first???

Ernie G

We need more information if were going to help you. Are you starting a carpet cleaning bussiness, if so , is it residential or commercial. What type of cliental are you looking for etc:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Just read all you can from this board then make your choice on how to proceed.

Paying the $5 dollars and becoming a supporting member will let you into rooms that have alot more info. (you can make the fiver a month just picking up change from the floor on your new found rentals!)

Keith

Gscorpio

i want to do both but i think ill start off with residential maybe one commercial that would be my work place.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Start off with some training if you are new to cleaning carpets. If you have been cleaning then what have you used in the past?
What company did you work for and what kind of cleaning did they do?

Greenie

Glen, give us your story. You obviously found this forum, How did you find this industry? Friend in the biz? Saw some guy suckin' rug?

Name
I'm Rick James
This is a loaded question, but generic. If you have never cleaned carpets than that is the first thing you should learn how to do, the customer will know how confident you are in their home.

Anyone can buy carpet cleaning equipment, but can they generate enough work to use it. When you are starting a business like this it is VERY important to have a business & marketing plan, it is the foundation to any business without one you will have a greater chance of failing. You need to learn what you target market is and how you plan to market to them.

This is industry is more about customer service than what kind of equipment you have. Just so you know the main reason why new business fail because they are unable to generate work thus unable to make the TM payment. I along with many other will advise you to buy a USED TM and van. Then build from that. Don't let you eyes get bigger than your pocketbook. You only need a TM, van, stair tool, wand w/glides, hoses and cleaning chemicals. Dont get suckered into buying the toys when you first starting out.

This forum has the ability to help you grow and understand this industry, so you chances of success will greatly increase. If you havent already please focus on you marketing and business plan.

Good Luck
:mrgreen:

Gscorpio

to answer all questions a friend of mines mentioned to me about starting a carpet cleaning biz so i got serious started some research and ran across this site..... Ok next rite now i really cant afford a TM but thinking bout a $600 portie to start off and a buffer.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Gscorpio said:
to answer all questions a friend of mines mentioned to me about starting a carpet cleaning biz so i got serious started some research and ran across this site..... Ok next rite now i really cant afford a TM but thinking bout a $600 portie to start off and a buffer.

That's a start.
Some guys know alot about the porties. They will probably have something to say.

Gscorpio

Hey guys think ima start off with a Numatic CTD902 guy went from $850 to $600 for me so i think ill pick that up for my first machine. Guy selling it to me he said i just need verygood chems, rug brush and a rack. Very happy to get started in this biz now i have to set prices also i think ill just start off doing weekend work then go from there

Name
I'm Rick James
You can do a good job with a porty it just takes more work. IMHO you should vaccum first, them use good chemicals, pre agitate with the grady groomer ($30 at jon don) allow 15-20 dwell time and extract, and do 1-3 dry passes. Oh yeah dont forget the bucket.

Do you have any questions your wondering about?

Good Luck

Gscorpio

Do i use a presprayer if so what type also could i use a pump sprayer???? Im also thinking bout doing my work place very big do i use my extractor

Name
I'm Rick James
Gscorpio said:
Do i use a presprayer if so what type also could i use a pump sprayer???? Im also thinking bout doing my work place very big do i use my extractor

Yeah you can use a pump up sprayer with hot water. To be honest you should know more about carpet cleaning and the industry before you start a business. Find out when the next classes are and take one, it will save you big money in the long run. If you go in blind there is a very small chance you will make it and succeed. Just my opinion.

GRHeacock

It's a good idea to go out with a local cleaner first, no matter what equipment he has.

It is to learn procedure, a bit of chemistry, different types of carpets, how to handle customers, etc.

Go for free- like an intern, if necessary, at no pay, just for the learning.

Or, go to work for him as an employee to learn the business, like everything, it looks easy because the experts have spent a lot of time and money learning what they need to know.

Leaping into the business without knowing anything is sure doom.

The first carpet to clean is your own, then friends and relatives.

You will be using muscles not used for other purposes, and can be a big strain on arms and back.

Or it may turn out you are allergic to some chemicals. There is no way to know this in advance.

Lifting a portable or other machine in and out of the truck can be tough, so before buying any machine, lift it, and see how heavy and awkward it is, and remember you will do this hundreds of times. Some machines are lighter, or better shaped and are easier to deal with than some others. And the same in homes, up and down stairs can get tough- more than in and out of the truck.

Anyway, we are here to help all we can, since we all have been there at one time or another.

Gary

Gscorpio

Thanks guys...how do i find out if there's classes and where in my area i live in Delaware??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom