New 2018 prochem Legend GT review

Mikey P

Administrator

Let's compare the GT to the Sapphire 370 as they are brothers and have the same engine and pressure pump

The GT is a great looking unit with it's traditional and handsome Prochem appearence. Purisyd will love it.

The GT:
$1000 less.
Noticably hotter.
Less complicated belt changes.
No Bimba type exhaust diverter.
No heat control, on or off
3" wider and roughly the same height.
Considerably louder although much quieter than last year's GT, I'm told.
Less vacuum.
More vibration.

Any questions?

Last edited:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Why less VAC? How does affect tech performance or is negligible if running 150ft hose or less?

Mikey P

Administrator
The simplicity of this design has afforded us plenty of heat and no diverter system at all. We simply replaced the heater core heating system and put a coiled stainless steel coil in its place. This gives us a coil that can handle 1500psi with the simple heat control already inherent in the Prochem design!!!

- Rick Aranda

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
What is exactly is simple heat control if there is no switch on control panel?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
That was an awesome van. I didn't know it was a PROMO van. When I opened the door to look for something I fell back seeing two truckmounts bolted to the floor. What a great day working with those guys and seeing all that equipment.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Looks like a truck mount you'll be replacing every 3-5 years for owner-operators...I mean is it really possible to go an entire career with 1 truck mount and 1 van? Maybe I could, based on me doing less than 250 jobs a year...LOL Just my 2 cents...When you buy this machine, you buy the name "Prochem"

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I mean is it really possible to go an entire career with 1 truck mount and 1 van?
I think if you buy liquid cooled you have a pretty good chance as long as its maintained and the manufacture continues to supply parts that long. Most cleaners will upgrade at least a couple of times in their cleaning career.

Reactions: todg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My old PC Bruin with a 24 hp Onan engine had the same heat bypass DUMP into the waste tank if it got too hot. Had to move fast if you set your wand down to move something or it would over heat and dump all of the heat exchangers into the waste tank. This was in 95.

So has technology really improved in 22 years?

NO

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If I buy another slide in, it would be a Prochem
But I’m liking this Direct Drive I’m styling in.
I played around with your model tm at the TCS customer appreciation day last year, and I must say...that is a well designed unit. I also really like their mach12 model wand also. I think they have the best mach12 design. If I were to buy another 1.5", it'd be that one.

chrissalter

Mike how’s the maintenance for ding dong carpet cleaners on the 370. What temps are you averaging on your 360 and zipper?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom