New Apex 570

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
When something went wrong with my SS pro- 1200, Sapphire took care of it without any problem, even though it was past the official warranty time. In that regard- Excellent.

A little unfair because the original 1200 was their first entry to PTO, but they must have rushed it out without figuring everything out first, so there were lots of kinks to straighten. Annoying. The general feeling of some (me included) is that it seems like they keep improving (excellent) or trying to, their models, yet it seems to come at the expense of reliability. I know that from my own experience as well as from what I've heard from others I know and respect.

SS is still a relatively new company that I guess is still perfecting their machines. I, eventually got tired of the constant SS tweaks and bought a Butler. Mostly because it is just more dependable (and so so far it has been). Butler on the other hand seem to be both innovation phobic and resistant.

I wish SS was more Butler-ish and that Butler was more innovative like SS.

For someone like me, dependability will trump any other aspect by far. Though to boot my Butler max option (better heat and bigger blower) is hotter and has more suction than the Pro-1200.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
When something went wrong with my SS pro- 1200, Sapphire took care of it without any problem, even though it was past the official warranty time. In that regard- Excellent.

A little unfair because the original 1200 was their first entry to PTO, but they must have rushed it out without figuring everything out first, so there were lots of kinks to straighten. Annoying. The general feeling of some (me included) is that it seems like they keep improving (excellent) or trying to, their models, yet it seems to come at the expense of reliability. I know that from my own experience as well as from what I've heard from others I know and respect.

SS is still a relatively new company that I guess is still perfecting their machines. I, eventually got tired of the constant SS tweaks and bought a Butler. Mostly because it is just more dependable (and so so far it has been). Butler on the other hand seem to be both innovation phobic and resistant.

I wish SS was more Butler-ish and that Butler was more innovative like SS.

For someone like me, dependability will trump any other aspect by far. Though to boot my Butler max option (better heat and bigger blower) is hotter and has more suction than the Pro-1200.
Sounds like what everyone said about amtex

Reactions: BIG WOOD

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Sounds like what everyone said about amtex
Not sure if to file this under humor or Canadian induced eccentricity, but to me it does not sound like it at all.
SS is an innovative company that imho can benefit from settling on a good design and perfecting it.

Yet there are many here that get all giddy and weak at the knees, when they see a new design.
Go figure.

Reactions: hogjowl and Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not sure if to file this under humor or Canadian induced eccentricity, but to me it does not sound like it at all.
SS is an innovative company that imho can benefit from settling on a good design and perfecting it.

Yet there are many here that get all giddy and weak at the knees, when they see a new design.
Go figure.
Maybe they should work out the bugs before selling it. Stop using carpet cleaners as guinea pigs.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Heres the problem..

The internet has created a premis that if you go online and bitch about your leaking shut off valve or a pump that has lost prime, the owner of the company will be calling you at 10 pm on a Sunday night to whisper sweet nothings until a replacement truck mount shows up Monday morning.

You can thank companies like Mytee for that...

A real company will be telling you to get your ass over to the company who sold it to you asap.

But the goober wont, knowing full well that if he continues to cry, Rick Aranda and two crescent wrenches will be helicoptered in on Wednesday...

sorry, Mikey, that's not what Im doing. I don't own a SS. I own a 10 year old Apex. one that was made by Prochem. Now Im in the market for a new TM. my wife says I do too much research. Well when your income depends on a machine running as my Apex has all this time, then Im going to do a ton of research. That's all, nothing more, nothing less.

Mikey P

Administrator
sorry, Mikey, that's not what Im doing. I don't own a SS. I own a 10 year old Apex. one that was made by Prochem. Now Im in the market for a new TM. my wife says I do too much research. Well when your income depends on a machine running as my Apex has all this time, then Im going to do a ton of research. That's all, nothing more, nothing less.

I wasn't insinuating you were..

SamIam

Name
sam miller

What sold me on the SS was the pitch it was designed by the the guy who designed the 405 and apex and the Prochem line!

So far I’m happy!

But I’m sure any machine using a kubota motor good pump and blower will do good work!

Name
Justin Johnston
As Glen stated we now have Regional Service managers that travel around and train our dealers to provide the best after sales support in the industry. Please feel free to reach out with any concerns about the Apex 570. 253-651-3468

Reactions: SamIam

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
When I see their engineers put a water cooler in front of the radiator on their 870, I question any of their innovative ideas.

FredC

Village Idiot
Because it shows a lack of real world common sense. Operating in any ambient temperature near or below freezing and that thing would freeze right up.
Has this been a common problem with 870s in colder climates?

(edit: I've seen one thread that I know of but the owner, srd, says freezing temps weren't involved)

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
"I recall @Desk Jockey winning an auction and Rotovac sending out a BETTER tool than he bid for and as the super cool gentleman he was he said thanks here."

Wasn't me. I can't who that was but I do remember that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom