New Ceramic tile 1 week old in flood. Need some thoughts

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Ok,

I could post this in a number of different rooms here, but am posting here due to the possibility of more info/viewer traffic.

New ceramic tile layed a week ago in basement. Basement had a toliet that broke and flooded basement with fresh water 4 inches deep in entire basement. Water sat in Basement about a day before being discovered. Water was and is apparently under tile. After 2 days of drying structure, tile/concrete is reading today about 85-90 points on non penetrating meter (which is encouraging).

My main question, does anyone know if there could be a problem because the tile and grout was so freshly laid?

I am looking for opinions, experiences....thoughts....

Thanks guys,

Mark Saiger

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Only out of personal experience and not as a flood expert. If the mortar (which I'm assuming it would be) and grout had a week after installation before it was flooded, I would that it would have been fully cured and just like any other floor. Just my opinion.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Thanks Doug,

We are hoping it was cured, but still wondering if anyone had a similar experience. Customer has up to 2 years to file additional claim with insurance if a problem. We are just curious and I told the adjuster I would try and find out from others.

Mark

John Watson

Should have cured, if in doudt, I once heard you can take your white rubber mallet and tap the tiles, mainly the one around the edges and listen for a different sound from any loose ones.. This is a great place to tent the parimiter and put a desacant to work to speed up the drying, make it come out the way it went in

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom