New Clear Top Upholstery Tool

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I think it is just another tool, some well like it some will hate it. I am happy I will have another tool to at least check out and make a choice. I am looking for a new upholstery tool, I hate doing it but I have to admit these newer style tools look like it would make it easier and a bit more enjoyable.
I don't do a lot of upholstery work, I have a cheapo and a nice PC one, I have heard a glide makes the PC like a totally different tool but still not a big fan of it. It is very heavy, great quality but heavy.
I like the idea of not having water running down the piece I am cleaning, and all of these tools look like they address that problem.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I think it is just another tool, some well like it some will hate it. I am happy I will have another tool to at least check out and make a choice. I am looking for a new upholstery tool, I hate doing it but I have to admit these newer style tools look like it would make it easier and a bit more enjoyable.
I don't do a lot of upholstery work, I have a cheapo and a nice PC one, I have heard a glide makes the PC like a totally different tool but still not a big fan of it. It is very heavy, great quality but heavy.
I like the idea of not having water running down the piece I am cleaning, and all of these tools look like they address that problem.

A glide changes that tool soo much....

First time I ever used it, I called Greenie and asked him why he never insisted I try it.

I now have the Sapphire Scientific units and love them too.

So many bright shiny tools in this industry..... :)

Reactions: TConway

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I need to look into a glide for the PC, I still don't like the open jet. I don't do much mainly because I hate the tool. I get asked all the time and most of the time I just out price it so I don't have to deal with upholstery but the SS and RV both look very nice. I am going to ECI and have said I am coming home with one of them, Now it looks as mytee will have one there too so I will be able to try that one also.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
The SS is my first choice I have heard really good things about it.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
What do you think of the mytee design Loren?

I would have to see it in real life and play with it some to answer that. With all those little holes it reminds me of the ss and rv tools.

Just from watching the video I couldn't help but think that an actual spray pattern from a regular jet would flush more evenly across the cleaning path. It wouldn't have air space between the water streams from the little holes.

Mikey P

Administrator
the spray bar is exactly the same as the SS tool, minus a hole or two. It will perform the same, which is great.

No trigger and having the valve where it is raises many eyebrows. If the spray bar is aluminum, heat will be causing synthetics to melt.

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
Anyone get to try this? I'm rather fond of the price compared to the SS...

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
Quality has a price.

and the non trigger is a deal killer.
I did but the PMF internal. I haven't tried it yet but thanks for the advice anyways lol.

My brother who has cleaned a lot of carpet scoffed at the idea of no trigger also....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I run my SS tool with the trigger locked on and my PMF internal jet doesn't even have a trigger, I removed it years ago. It may take some getting used to, to have the solution always on, but once you become accustomed to it, you understand why it's better to run it that way. I keep a 5 gallon bucket near me if I need to set the tool down, to catch any overspray.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You also own a truckmount but chose to clean with a shop vac...
It is funny; all that money you spent on your Vortex and I can do better upholstery cleaning with a porty because I'm using the system's full potential instead of choking everything down and not even having heat at the tool.

Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
How many here use the continuous flow with upholstery tools?
I do not.

I am very well aware of the heat advantage. However, considering the disadvantages (filling waste tank a lot faster, as a result needing to do the job somewhat faster, potential issues with accidents with water) and the fact that a little extra time and agitation will more than compensate, to me it just ain't worth it.

P.S. When working by yourself, Art's porty will do every bit as good a job in cleaning upholstery as the most expensive truck mount.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I feel...maybe not actual but I feel it dries fast with a TM than a portable. If its standard care fabric, not an issue but if its special care I'd much rather it dry fast. Some special care I would use either on. :eekk:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
true but by the time Art has his gin mill contraption set up, I'm already done and collecting a check.
That's true.
That, and my advanced creaky bones/ personality/ age / you name it, is why never pull out the portable that is currently celebrating the first six months of collecting dust in my van.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
I was at a car wash the other day where they were using a mytee portable for interior work. They had a PMF metal hand tool attached to a 25 hose.

You could tell that tool had been dropped and ran over many a times.

"Larry's" tool would not last a day in the hands of one of those dudes.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I am not proud of it.
But unless business deteriorates and I'll have to do it again, it was one of the best gifts I've given myself :winky:

Back
Top Bottom