New Customer with Mold/Disenfectant Question

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
This lady moved into this condo a number of months ago, had SS clean the carpets but has found the environment to be very dusty. Recently had an Indoor Air Quality expert do some tests and he said that the mold count is within normal range but because of the high particulate count it could be masking a higher mold count. He said to have the carpet cleaned(disinfected) and referred me. I went over to have a look and whereas the carpet looks very nice I found a lot embedded soils. I will Wernerize the carpet then prespray and extract. She wants to know what disinfectant I will use. I am using Saiger's Sauce, will it also disinfect?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Vacuuming with a HEPA vacuum is your answer. Killing the spore doesn't remove it. While its no longer viable it can still be allergenic. It can still be launched into the airstream and cause an amplified particle count after cleaning if its not trapped in a HEPA.

Running a HEPA Air Scrubber would also further reduce the load following vacuuming and cleaning.

Removal, not killing is your best route.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
24 hours would probably be sufficient. Most units are not too bad noise wise, if it doesn't bother them a second day would just continue to process any floating stragglers. :winky:

Reactions: J Scott W

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Disinfect is a legal term. Make sure that she understands and signs that you will use a disinfectant (Sanitizer etc.) but you can't guarantee (no one can on a porous surface) that it will disinfect. Which means kill all or 99.99% of pathogens etc.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kill bacteria, kill viruses but remove mold.

Does she have plants in the home? Plants can often be a culprit for elevated indoor mold counts.

You can't see what you are trying to remove however if there is dust you can figure you have mold spores too. Mold spores range in size from 3 to 40 microns. The human hair is 100-150 microns.

Thats why meticulous HEPA vacuuming and Air Scrubbing are your best answer.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
This lady moved into this condo a number of months ago, had SS clean the carpets but has found the environment to be very dusty. Recently had an Indoor Air Quality expert do some tests and he said that the mold count is within normal range but because of the high particulate count it could be masking a higher mold count. He said to have the carpet cleaned(disinfected) and referred me. I went over to have a look and whereas the carpet looks very nice I found a lot embedded soils. I will Wernerize the carpet then prespray and extract. She wants to know what disinfectant I will use. I am using Saiger's Sauce, will it also disinfect?

I see others have commented too but we definitely do not make any claims as to being a disenfectant which really is a different animal.

Will it help clean the carpets and help the indoor environment, yes but again as mentioned, sanitizing really is a different product...

But thanks for using our products :)

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Rcommend that she upgrade her air filters and even run a couple of HEPA air purifiers to clean the indoor air. I'm not saying she needs it, I'm saying that she will feel better.

Who hires an mold 'expert' if they are not seeing the stuff?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Rcommend that she upgrade her air filters and even run a couple of HEPA air purifiers to clean the indoor air. I'm not saying she needs it, I'm saying that she will feel better.

Who hires an mold 'expert' if they are not seeing the stuff?
You see what remains after it has digested the food source.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
IMG_20170322_101327_244.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The main thing here is to either use a real hepa vacuum and vacuum very thoroughly ( if possible run the hepa air scrubber while vacuuming) or just use you Truckmount to vacuum the carpet (while dry) very thoroughly, as the Truckmount will REMOVE any thing it can get to out of the house.

We would use the Truckmount while running hepa air scrubber and then spray down a carpet sanitizer/disinfectant ( read label on specific product you use for proper dwell/procedure times) and extract it.

Leave an air scrubber sized for the area,s you are cleaning in for proper air exchanges, and pick the airscrubber up in a couple of days.

Also would be a great idea to either change or recommend changing the air filter on the air conditioner unit if applicable.

Oh yeah do t forget to get paid very well for solving the big problem.

Name
Steve Lawrence
If carpet is loaded with particulates, vacuum like crazy with your air scrubber on and use a CRB to help get deeply imbedded dust and debris. Customer should be gone while your cleaning takes place to minimize exposure to contaminants.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

steve_64

She should call SS back and complain. They are asthma certified according to commercials.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom