"NEW" Drimaster Upholstery Tool

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I have just returned from Cleanexpo where I had a look at the "new" DM2 DriMaster Upholstery Tool.

It DID look like a very impressive tool however there were a few things I was not over happy with.

The face plate where the solution exits to wet the fabric and the vacuum slots are, appear to a metal of some type, and to me appeared to be quiet sharp and could possibly damage some fabrics.

( Correct terminology for the above would be the "patented injector bar & slotted vacuum port system" ).

The handle where one holds the tool, is very close to the working head of the tool, & to me, did not feel comfortable and a bit heavy/off balance, especially with such a long length of solid material behind the holding position.

I feel that this could, over time, affect heavy users with an RSI or carpel tunnel type problem.

Time will tell.

With the old tool, it was easy to hold the tool in several different positions that were more comfortable for the user.

I did like the fact that the annoying flow knob at the far end of the hose has been removed.

I also like the fact that the on/off valve at the rear of the tool has been replaced with a much more effective knob that also shuts off the flow.

The way that Hydramaster have semi-enclosed this knob in a protective moulding, also appeals to me.

The extra width is another good feature that I like as well as the higher solution flow.

It's light weight was also a nice surprise.

I am undecided on the optional grip that was with this tool.

How quick & easy it will be to attach & remove may be a concern, as well as the actual use of this attachment.

I may be a tad sarcastic, but I still do not believe that this, or any tool, is truly one pass only for cleaning all fabrics under all circumstances.

However, it is easy to criticize or like different features on a tool merely by looking at it, using a tool in the field over time is really the only proper way to evaluate a tools good or not so good features.

Based on what I have seen, I will probably buy when when they become available down under.

That's my 1.75% cents for today.

Ooroo :wink:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I agree Shorty.

I saw NO CHANGES WHAT SO EVER from the pics of the unit at MF that were posted.

These same concerns were raised that and all were quickly reassured by the fact this was a beta tool under testing and most of the concerns raised were going to be rectified... :?

I guess we'll still have to wait and see.

John

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I received a new unit just a couple of days ago. There were some minor changes from the version at MF (which was the same as a previous pre-production tool we had in our San Diego branch, right prior to Mikeyfest).

The sharp edges have been "softened". I too am undecided about the optional grip, but it did work well for me. I liked using it with the handle, rather than without. But I can see how it might get in the way on car detailing.

I tried the unit on various pieces of material, and there were no ill effects from the current rendition of the "lips". Very smooth, and no marking. Most important, there was no pulling of loops.

The window looks redesigned, and there was no sign of the disturbances that was causing undo noise and potential problems for the window itself, as was the case with the older prototype.

The amount of flow the unit is capable of dramatic. You can turn the pressure up pretty high (500 psi), and at full flow there was zero spitting. Every drop of water was being recovered smoothly when held airborne. The amount of flow potential is huge, compared with the old tool. I also tried it on some filthy car mats, and it worked better than any other tool I have seen.

I even tried the tool at full flow on a cardboard box, and it was impressive- not a drop spilled.

How old was the tool you were looking at , Shorty? The one I have is but a few days out of HM.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Brand spankin' new at the distrinutors stand.

Still had the plastic bubble wrap tied to the head :shock:

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Bubble wrap, eh?

The new tool we have, had a black fabric shroud with the Hydramaster logo and a velcro closure. It fits on the head well without the option handle, but not so good if the handle is attached. I wonder if the tool you saw is older(version) than the one we just got.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom