New from Florida

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Glad you’re here Frank!

I take it you’re running a Butler, from your user name.

Tell us about your setup.

What type of work do you prefer?

ButlerFrank

Name
Frank Ellerker
Thanks, Russ. When I first met Greenie and Lisa back in 06 at summer fest in Myrtle Beach, I had just bought my first cleaning rig. It was a Butler. Greenie tagged me as Butler Frank to tell me apart on the phone from the other Franks he knew. That seems like a long time ago now.

I'm currently on my 2nd Butler and plan on replacing it with another sometime in the next year.
I have the max vac/heat model in an extended van. The live real is bypassed and I run 75ft of 2.5 and then 2 to the wand. Currently using an old 6 jet pcti with 03 jets, it's been a great wand.

Honestly I enjoy most aspects of the work, well except when customers want their shower cleaned. Love to see the transformation from dirty to clean.

ButlerFrank

Name
Frank Ellerker
Marty, yes actually I do. Also a 175, a burnisher and a Cimex. Haven't purchased a rotary as of yet but maybe down the road.

ButlerFrank

Name
Frank Ellerker
I keep hearing rave reviews about both of those items, gotta figure out which one to get first. Also like the idea of a zipper. I will definitely leave the videos to Saiger :biggrin:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That POS 16 inch castex wand Marty speaks about is the very first wand of it's kind that has a cup holder and side mirrors to see behind you. I don't need an overhyped , over priced internet sensation wand that is pushed on here.

ButlerFrank

Name
Frank Ellerker
Marty, the 10" crb is one of those purchases that when you start using it, you wonder how you got by with out one for so long. I'll never not have one on the truck ever again. One of the best tools I've ever bought for my business.!

Reactions: Mikey P

ButlerFrank

Name
Frank Ellerker
Russ, most days I'm by myself and honestly a lot of the time I prefer it that way. I do have help available that I can call when I have the need. I've tried a few guys in the past and found that it's hard to find people that I trust to do the work right. Either I'm to picky or work ethic isn't what it used to be.!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Russ, most days I'm by myself and honestly a lot of the time I prefer it that way. I do have help available that I can call when I have the need. I've tried a few guys in the past and found that it's hard to find people that I trust to do the work right. Either I'm to picky or work ethic isn't what it used to be.!
Man, I can relate to this.

The reason I was asking was because the rotary with a brush head is such an incredibly valuable tool to a high quality, 1 man show.

The cleaning ability is unmatched. It combines your CRB scrub step and wand rinse into 1 step.

Prespray and go.

You will have to groom at the end.

It takes some practice but it’s well worth committing to getting good with one.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Welcome Butler Frank. My opinion if you have a CRB and a Devastator wand you are probably good. I'm in SW Florida and do lots of tile as I'm sure you do. Would you say your Clients are Snow Birds, Commercial or rat hole apartments? What percentage of upscale vs other? Do you do any Water Damage Restoration? Glad you are here.

Reactions: Mikey P

ButlerFrank

Name
Frank Ellerker
Man, I can relate to this.

The reason I was asking was because the rotary with a brush head is such an incredibly valuable tool to a high quality, 1 man show.

The cleaning ability is unmatched. It combines your CRB scrub step and wand rinse into 1 step.

Prespray and go.

You will have to groom at the end.

It takes some practice but it’s well worth committing to getting good with one.

A 360i with a brush head is on my list of equip to get. I do quite a few rental properties for a few local realtors and while they normally clean up well with a good prespray and scrub, I have to think that a rotary would be an improvement on the more soiled ones.

Reactions: Russ T.

ButlerFrank

Name
Frank Ellerker
Welcome Butler Frank. My opinion if you have a CRB and a Devastator wand you are probably good. I'm in SW Florida and do lots of tile as I'm sure you do. Would you say your Clients are Snow Birds, Commercial or rat hole apartments? What percentage of upscale vs other? Do you do any Water Damage Restoration? Glad you are here.

Thanks, Bob. I keep hearing the talk about these devastator wands. Hopefully I'll be able to take a look at one in St Pete in March. Yes I do lots of tile, seems like that's a Florida thing. I do have a good bit of snowbird clients but they are not the bulk of my customer base.

I would say that I'm probably 70% residential. I do a good bit of short term vacation rentals through property managers and realtors. Most of them are nice homes and condos on the beach. Don't have any apartments and hope to keep it that way. I do some smaller restoration jobs but only for established customers. It's not something that I advertise, im not a big fan of getting called out in the middle of the night. I'll leave that to the go getters in their 20's lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom