New guy looking to learn.

wanabpro

Name
luke michael
That might not be a bad idea.. It will be nice when I just can blend in...

Able 1

Name
Keith
One tell tail sign of a unit freezing it the gauges won't read zero with the truck mount off..

One thing that is working with you as well as against you in a big way is that it is being sold by a car lot. They have NO clue what they have there.. So on one hand they don't know the value, on the other they might have let it freeze. Definitely take it to your local supplier to make sure the heat exchangers are ok.

I have been running a Peak for 12 years. I know that machine like the back of my hand. Right now I use it as a back up,but still gets about 500 hours a year. Any time I need it I just turn the key starts and runs great!

wanabpro

Name
luke michael
I checked on the Omaha truck, it was sold..
I have been looking at another in st cloud MN. Would love to hear some thoughts about it.

2001 gmc savana 130000 miles
Has a Prochem 150A
2 reels with 250 feet solution and vacuum hose
1 carpet wand
100 gallon fresh water tank
70 gallon aluminum waste tank
1 proteam back up vacuum
2 air movers
Many extras....
he texted me a photo showing 1184 hours on the machine..

$7000 asking price

He text me and said it was a Prochem 100A? So I would need to verify what unit it actually is.. Says the only thing it needs is a water softener.

Any thoughts, sarcasm, or belittling comments are welcome! :biggrin:

wanabpro

Name
luke michael
Ok.
Just saw this on ebay, seems like a decent purchase...?
2002 Chevy Express 133,000 miles. New battery, brakes, and tune up all done in August 2015.
2001 Prochem Legend SE all have been refurbished by Interlink Supply. That includes belts, hose, all fluids changed, new battery, tune up. Recently winterized and ready to ship or pick up without worrying about it freezing.
This machine is the backbone in the carpet cleaning industry and is the most popular machine sold to date for carpet cleaners. I started my business off with this and no longer need it. This vehicle has served as a backup for many years and has hardly been used.
Included:
• 1 - 100 Gallon belly tank for fresh water
• 1 - 75-gallon waste recovery tank
• 1 - 12-inch carpet wand
• 1 - 12-inch tile wand
• 1 – Upholstery tool
• 1 – Hydro Force pre-spray tool
• 150 Feet of vacuum hose
• 25 feet of vacuum cheater hose
• 200 feet of solution hose

Prochem has 750 hours

wanabpro

Name
luke michael
Now thats fancy...

its a buy it now for $12,500 or so.. with a best offer button as well..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's a more modern unit and a decent sized one to start with. I'd speak with Interlink and if it all comes back good then offer him 10k.

It's a buyers market, the worst he can do is say no. :biggrin:

Reactions: Russ T.

wanabpro

Name
luke michael
Deal did not happen.. He called me the day after I hit the buy it now button on ebay for 12500. (prolly a little high) His guy told him it had a major problem and he was going to go take a look at it. He called back the next day and said it was spraying oil everywhere and he would have to take it back to interlink. It will be a month before it is fixed/replaced...

Thank god it happened before I went to Virginia to get it!

Still on the hunt!

Able 1

Name
Keith
1456975663169.jpg

I have an Apex for sale (waiting for a new pump),but there is a guy that's intrested.. I'll let you know if it falls through.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
That was a great unit in its time. It really was a flame thrower but old technology. I think you should pass on it unless you are really mechanical.

I'm running a ProChem Oil Fired. Haven't had any issues other than rebuilding chem pump and replacing pulsation dampener. Anything I should look out for or upgrade? Unit seems pretty simple maintenance wise from what I can see. Belts are next on the list.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom