New locking cuffs fail

Mikey P

Administrator
There is no PERFECT locking cuff on the market so when a distributor asked me to test these I agreed to, hoping and wishing that 2.0 version of Mytee Cuff Links would be PERFECT.

Sadly they're not even close.

Pros:

Slim design
Integrated swivel appears stout

Cons:

The mystery material is rock hard below 30 degrees, so much so the male in the photo cracked within 20 ft of use.

In hot temps the material becomes so pliable I fear than any hose set up going over a ledge or out a window will come apart and danger those below.

The male threads damages easily when dragged on concrete, so much so mating them back together requires heating the male up and using a razor to clean up the threads. Unlike Crazy Cuffs there is no protective snout/foreskin to protect the threads.

The male distorts when sitting connected and on a reel for no reason making it impossible to attach to 2" tools with out heating it up.

The hose threads must be glued to the hose as they are lose and short.

In below 30 degree whether it can be impossible to fully connect the two cuffs all the way, unless heated up.

Air leaks from the connecting threads almost as bad as Flash Cuffs.

and there you have it..... :neutral:

You've been warned.

Flash Cuffs remain the best choice for us.

20171204_154623.jpg
20171219_163809.gif

Last edited:
F

FB7777

The take away is temperature is problem

Possibly a good product for the portable market where cold temperatures and high heat are a non issue

Mikey P

Administrator
The take away is temperature is problem

Possibly a good product for the portable market where cold temperatures and high heat are a non issue

Lol...locking cuffs for a single 30ft run?

That's the problem, you have a portable company designing tools and components for truckmount use that they really do not understand.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Holy crap! What did mytee do to those cuffs!with it being that flexible?!

All I have on my hoses is mytee cuffs, and if they’re gonna start selling those, I’ll be slowly switching over to flash

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Mikey P

Administrator
Holy crap! What did mytee do to those cuffs!with it being that flexible?!

All I have on my hoses is mytee cuffs, and if they’re gonna start selling those, I’ll be slowly switching over to flash

They are not interchangable with the originals is my understanding

Mikey P

Administrator
Did that happen as you drove forward over it or back? :winky:

The crack?

Honest Injun, it happened in the first 20 feet of use as the lead cuff attached to a 2" wand on a sub 40 degree day. :eekk:

I was told they can't be used that way, hence the thread last week asking what others use.

Flash and Crazy's work fine as a lead.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I gave up on locking cuffs.... standard w/stainless connector.... tape w/electric when needed.... all the flow, no BS... thin wall, cheap..... lasts forever, no suction loss....
I find that flash cuffs give me better air flow than standard cuffs. Even metal connects pinch down air flow and create turbulence.

Todd C

Name
Todd
I saw the new cuffs at ICE last year and my first thought was the material was way too soft.

Back
Top Bottom