New Product Idea for carpet cleaners

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I am looking for input on this product (Turbo Filter) I have been working on it for a few years. I put it on the back burner for a while and was trying to pitch it to a few guys in the biz but they showed no real interest or at least that is what some of them implied. And one of those not so interested has come up with a new product that looks kind of similar. Any how I had already applied for and secured my provisional patent on this device prior to sharing it and have sold a few on eBay and have not had any returned so I assume the buyers were happy with their product. I think I want to pursue developing it. The clear view and the easy cleaning cartridge are the main advantages of the Turbo Filter. A lot has changed in our equipment since we first developed our Turbo Filter as can be seen from the video. There is a big difference between a spitfire and a V lol. I actually don’t have any vac prefilters on our V and not so sure how many guys use them. I am going to make up a few of my Turbo filters for my V and would like some input from the Gurus here. The main reason I came up with this product was that I hated cleaning baskets and socks it sucks. The slotted filter was a great solution on the spitfire and I noticed no loss of flow but I imagine on my V it might be a different story. I have some other ideas to make the flow better as well as a self cleaning method that I am developing. This is a great board and I am sure I can expect some honest and constructive criticism.

b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YsEW_pox3kb]

tur%20copy.jpg

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I haven’t sold any for a while like I said it’s been on the back burner. I want to do some really good R&D. I would like to work with some of you to test it so I can developed something that works perfect before it goes into the market full force. I am personally tired of paying to help some one developed a product to then see the improvements after I bought the prototype.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
now you need to get it with either 2 2" openings or a 2.5...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
In my area we are required to prefilter our water before dumping in in the sewage, either before the tank or after, through a filter as small as 80mesh (basically blower filter size)
This filter looks like it takes the same effort to clean as my existing tank filter.
What is your goal with "what" you want to filter? Just lint and carpet fibres, or filtering anything big enough that it won't fit through those slots?

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Thanks for the input I wish I had been on this forum more when I first came up with the idea.

To answer:

"What is your goal with "what" you want to filter? Just lint and carpet fibers, or filtering anything big enough that it won't fit through those slots?"

I personally hated cleaning the tank sock on my spitfire so the idea was mainly developed to make my life a bit easier. I looked into using a mesh filter but that was a pita to clean. At first what I did was to leave the sock in my waste tank and use the Turbo Filter to prefilter junk ahead of the sock. I figured this would cut down on how often I would need to clean the sock or at least make it less nasty. What I found was that the Turbo Filter would actually catch quite a bit of crap lol. My tank would really not have hardly any debris in it. Another added benefit I discovered was that the debris in the filter slots would be kind of dry by the time I would get to cleaning it due to the fact that the air flow would dry it and cleaning it was easier with dry debris than wet. Like I said I put the filter on the back burner because I figured it needed some real R&D. I have bought too many "NEW" products or prototype products to know how it sucks have my wallet be a Guinea Pig for some ones idea. On my spitfire the Turbo filter worked awesome it saved me time, headaches and my stomach. However I knew that for larger machines it would need to be really tested for flow. I have several ideas and I am getting tiered (motivated) of cleaning out my V tanks too. One of the unique features of my Turbo filter was the crystal clear view of the cartridge and the simplistic design. Although I will say that there is a lot more to it than what meets the eye. The components look familiar but there is a bit of work to making them fit together just right. like I had mentioned before I had pitched this idea as well as sending the info and picks I have posted here to a couple of guys in the biz that did not seem to interested one of them being Joe Bristor. But after running across his "NEW" product I can see that maybe I was on to something with the clear view. But if I wanted to clean a nasty sock I might as well just keep cleaning the one in the waste tank. I still have plenty of materials to build more Turbo filters and what I will be doing is designing some for my V. My patent covers all sizes and variations of my product so I can apply the same principles to larger specs. I will post my findings some pics of the Turbo filter in action on my V. If any of you are interested in participating with the R&D please PM me.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I like that a lot easy to clean and looks as though it would keep as much lint and debri out of the tank as most other filters available. I'd like to see a straight thru design with no elbows so it could be used between vac hose sections. I have a 4.8 CDS and would be very interested in one, I am tired of cleaning out the basket. Oh and some type of feet to stabilize to keep it from rolling around.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Actually my design is meant to be installed vertically or slanted in your truck. The beauty is that it is easy to take apart and clean. Filter bags are a pain. There are several prefilters already available that use bags or screen mesh inserts you can put out side your truck on the ground but that’s why they look like crap after a while and get all beat up and broken. Like I mentioned before I will be building one for my V in the next few weeks and will test it as well as recruit a few here to help work the bugs out of it.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
That makes sense, but I can see where the design of the front of my machine might present a problem, and my reels are mounted next to the left side making mounting there out of the question. I would at least consider an inline model just for situations such as mine.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom