New Shut-Off Valve

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Got a new shut-off valve that I think is a contender. It has PTFE stem packing adjustment, & rated @ 300 degrees F. & 600 PSI. Reasonable price, UL listed for gas service, & strong butterfly handle. Initial hi-temp testing looked good.
ValveB.JPG

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=5589

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We don't sell them any more.

We think this new valve at the top is a better design.

We still sell the Parker yellow handle types.
ParkerBall.jpg

Time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I bought a few of Joe's valves at an ICE show I went to a few years ago and I am still using the same ones today.......best 8 bucks I ever spent.....

I give the one that looks like a gas valve less than a month....the way people reel in that line...that handle will be garbage in no time...the yellow coating I give it a week...

the yellow Parker valves are really good... you're going to get more time out of those than any of that style....

steve_64

I've been using the black handle Parker looking one. I finally broke the handle off of it after about 2 years but it never leaked.

F

FB7777

I bought a few of Joe's valves at an ICE show I went to a few years ago and I am still using the same ones today.......best 8 bucks I ever spent.....

I give the one that looks like a gas valve less than a month....the way people reel in that line...that handle will be garbage in no time...the yellow coating I give it a week...

the yellow Parker valves are really good... you're going to get more time out of those than any of that style....
Agree

And my crazy valves are holding up great too

I have one new one left

Hopefully someone will sell them , the yellow handle version has a tendency of having the screw loosen ( insert Joe Joke here )

Mike Draper

PArker yellow will last forever if you dont drag hose. I still have the original one on my truck after 6 years. After each job I release the steam from my TM with my rinse hose and then rinse out filters wash off tools etc. The initial burst of steam that comes out from my machine is around 280+ deg. That Parker valve still works perfect. However, they only last about 3-4 months on my solution line becuase i wind it up after each job by dragging it along the ground. I give this new Larry / Joe valve less than a month. That metal piece on top will break off fast, especially in the winter.

F

FB7777

That design is not new at all Larry

I bought A similar version except it had only metal on the handle a few years back and just like Mike Draper said, it broke quickly. $30 for a couple months is disappointing

Too bulky and will catch on things as it's being pulled

Wasn't there a guy that was designing a shut off that twisted on and off?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
the made in italy home depot one for $4 is still the toughest and best imo, never wears out even if you drag it winding the hose up

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Reactions: SamIam and Acp

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I would like a cleaner to test this valve side-by-side with a "joe" valve,

and report his comparison.

I sold 100's of "joe" valves ( some lasted & some failed),

& I think this one will last longer.

Reactions: SamIam

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
You have a link?

home depot plumbing section.. I change them because they are ugly way before they ever fail, bullet proof.

you can just buy like 4 of them at a time. If the longer level bothers you, you can take the knob off of the foster or joe bristor one and screw it on

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I would like a cleaner to test this valve side-by-side with a "joe" valve,

and report his comparison.

I sold 100's of "joe" valves ( some lasted & some failed),

& I think this one will last longer.

you know my address................

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back