New Solution Line...

EDS

Name
Ed
Wondering when to replace solution line. Had one burst at the Q/C other day (3rd hose off the rack). Has been 2 years since I last replaced them. Truck is running at half capacity with 250k being full capacity.

How often do you replace your solution lines? And do you do them all at once or as needed? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Sometimes you don't have to buy a whole new line. I buy longer hoses, then periodically cut the ends off and replace them. I use Green line or *******.

Reactions: EDS

EDS

Name
Ed
The times that they have burst (twice) they have always been close to the QC. The one that recently burst cost me 25 to fix at new line.

I could probably fix them myself right?
What tools would I need? Links for ordering...

What's your day look like tomorrow? Maybe I drop by after 4 or at your convenience?

EDS

Name
Ed
The problem is identifying when it starting to burst...perhaps a visual inspection 1 a week as part of a checklist...good idea!

EDS

Name
Ed
Background from an industry where safety is a "a way of life"....vomit. But for preventive maintenance it would seem like a good idea. Because there has to be warning signs right??

Name
Lee Stockwell
Several things wear out hoses.

Excessive flexing on the lead hose connecting to tools.
Excessive heat on the machine end. Thus reverse ends from time to time.

Getting cut or damaged on commercial doors.

Freezing during storage when filled with water.

Name
Lee Stockwell
You are usually warned before failure.

Swelled or bulged spots. A dark end near the fitting. Black water when first starting.

After a year or so, have a good hose shop shorten each end by at least a foot and crimp on new ends.

Replace before doing it the next time.

Reactions: EDS and Bob Pruitt
Name
Kevin De Medeiros
One word. Parflex. I'm still running mine from 07. Very rarely rupture and when they do u will see the outer layer bubble. If you are easy putting ur wand down should last a while. Well worth the bucks.

Reactions: Larry Cobb

EDS

Name
Ed
It nobody here repairs there own lines? Cough cough....I know my van in that condition and ruptured lines...

Name
Lee Stockwell
Many places repair lines. Locally I have O'reilly's and NAPA. About $6 per end, 1/4 npt male end.

You should have a local equivalent.

Name
Jeff T
Go to auto supply house, get some Double or triple walled heat shrink tubing. From the QC, cut a piece 12" long. the next one is 9-10", and the final one is 5-8" long. Put the longest on first, heat shrink, then the next length, and so on..... You will NEVER have a split or burst @ that point again. Flex coils suck.......

Name
Jeff T
Go to auto supply house, get some Double or triple walled heat shrink tubing. From the QC, cut a piece 12" long. the next one is 9-10", and the final one is 5-8" long. Put the longest on first, heat shrink, then the next length, and so on..... You will NEVER have a split or burst @ that point again. Flex coils suck.......
As a bonus, it acts as an insulator, easy to handle the hose.....

Name
Jeff T
I guess I should mention to LAYER them..... From the QC.....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The times that they have burst (twice) they have always been close to the QC. The one that recently burst cost me 25 to fix at new line.

I could probably fix them myself right?
What tools would I need? Links for ordering...

What's your day look like tomorrow? Maybe I drop by after 4 or at your convenience?
I should be back at the shop by 4

EDS

Name
Ed
Picking up van and hose reel mid afternoon. Would love your advice on placement before I decide on bolting ER down. Will touch base with you mid morning once I get update on progress.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Go to your local supplier and ask for a "Field repair kit" for you hoses. If they do not have one, or never heard of it, go to your local hydrolic supply store and ask for one there. I use the field repair kits on the ends of my hoses and if one breaks I just unscrew the two pieces cut the line out and off and reassemble. Takes about 5-15 minutes to repair a hose. I also second Parker Parflex. The field repairs are even easier on those.

Reactions: EDS

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I like to replace the crimps on my hoses every 6months. Keep in mind that the metal on those crimps isn't rust proof. Rust corrodes metal and makes it weak where it attaches to the rubber. Also, about every 6months, fill up a clear up glass with water coming from the hoses to make sure that it's still nice and pretty water. If you can't get a decent glass of water, change the hoses. Every hose is different, so we can't tell you exactly when to replace the hoses. You just have to go by your own judgement and know what to look for. But if you keep those crimps replaced every 6months, your hoses will last the longest

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom