New to Carpet Cleaning

Hi everyone, my names Adam and I'm new to this message board but my dad has been on here for sometime. I'm trying to get a crash course in carpet cleaning if anyone hint me to some informative website on carpet cleaning I would greatly appreciate it. My dad has been doing this ever since I can remember. I've helped him out occassionally but never really knew there was so much to this carpet cleaning. I'm in the processe of creating a website as well, I'm more interested in the marketing aspect as I have a background in sales. Well if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You're on the right track focusing on sales. That's the most important part of this business. The actual work is pretty simple common sense stuff you will learn in a few months. Just make sure you keep yourself in great physical shape to do the work eight hours per day six days a week.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Years in Trade: 20 :?

Anyways..this is a great place to learn from older threads too. Have your BS filter turned on and you'll quickly learn a lot! Hitting the search button helps tremendously!

Ron Werner said:
buy a good vacuum

ANd market well.

Are you going for the masses with price marketing or after the select market with performance marketing?

I'm going for it all, is there another way?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
All I know is I can't market to both crowds as a O/O
If I'm going to clean fast and cheap at one house, then go across the street and charge prime rates and take my time, my reputation is going to get shot to sht

hogjowl

Idiot™
What Ron is trying to tell you is that you can't have it all as an owner operator. If you want everyone's business, then you will have to price like Stanley Steemer, which will not support you during your one and two truck days. To survive as an owner operator you will need to price higher and offer better service. Unless you are willing to live in a van down by the river and not have a family during the building years.

What Ron is not telling you is that he is a bit overboard with his approach and people think he is weird.

On the other hand, I am fairly normal and everybody likes me.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
On the other hand, I am fairly normal and everybody likes me.
smiley-shocked019.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom