New Truck Mount - But which one?

Name
Matt
Im no dummy and have tons of time spent with tms.....Im adding another....been out of the loop so long with research and such that I find so many options. Maybe you guys can help me out.

I dont want a propane burner just because Im lazy and dont want myself or my techs stopping to buy it and I dont want the hassle.

Been looking at a couple of Sapphire units as well as a complete turnkey van package with Butler. Can anyone cast any recommendations on either and give me the good and the bad? I would appreciate it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its much like buying a car, brand is what you prefer. All of the top end units are going to pretty good machines. As far as slide in vs direct drive, we have both and I go back & forth on which I prefer. I can make a case for either but ultimately you should run them so you can make and educated decision.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yeah but Richard...it makes it a lot harder and noisier to steal something rather than just reaching in and helping yourself. If I was going to spend for a new vehicle and new cleaning unit, I would seriously consider a pto. I like the slide ins, particularly the Prochems but with the new heat packages that Butler/Hydramaster/Cleanco and others have, performance is as good as some of the bigger slide ins. Not as much as the Everest or the 870 but the same as a Apex or 570

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
for the slide ins, you need more than just portholes. you have to supply enough air to the engine and vent it out again. Having said that, I am looking at making a sliding gate that would lock across my sliding door. One of those folding contraptions that will push to one side.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
What I'm buying after researching is Butler High Heat... so order with optional bigger 500 cfm. Blower and additional heat exchanger... this will go into the GMC 1 ton extended van. A little more money but a solid, idiot proof machine with a 10 year warranty.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
If you are operating it Bob, make sure you get the electric hose reel. Well worth the investment over the long pull
Thanks Fred. Yes I will be in the van so all the bells and whistles... All of what Mark has and the new space saver https://www.butlersystem.com/midmount-tank-and-storage-tray-unit.html arrangement. Not sure of all the services we will be offering so hoping this makes a little extra room. Will be checking in with you and Mark before I order to make sure I get the whole enchilada on the first van.

F

FB7777

Picking up a new van in spring

Love the mid mount concept but not a fan of APO .

Thinking of skipping their shelving package and putting in a more flush shelf on the rear left

No carpet , and have them rhino line prior to install

Your smart to go with 3500 even tho they market the mid mount with a 2500.

Would love the extended vans but I built my garage before I knew we needed all these extra tools on our trucks

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Love the mid mount concept but not a fan of APO .
Not set in stone and yes I do want the big waste tank and if I can't get that with the new mid mount concept then will get conventional layout. Big waste tank and big water box seems more important. But extended for sure.
So much hard wood floors in Texas I know I will be forced to do it and considering Dirt Dragon for basic wood floor cleaning.

F

FB7777

Mid mount option is 110 fresh mounted in front of a 110 waste

There is only the traditional configuration if you want the 210 waste tank

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I would recommend a Pro 1200 SE in a heartbeat, assuming your local Sapphire distributor is on their game.

Name
Matt
I would recommend a Pro 1200 SE in a heartbeat, assuming your local Sapphire distributor is on their game.
Did the Rodens...after they started SS actually buy the rights to the white magic direct drive units? I used to sell a ton of prochem, blueline, hydramaster unit back in the day.....only moved a few of the white magic units but they seemed to be pretty good. Still up in the air if I want a slide in or pto style.....Ive got to find out how many miles can be on a used van if I buy a used van for a pto......again i love the idea of the Butler system so I plan on speaking with them....Im trying to avoid downtime and I know when I sold units we NEVER got a pto in service for repairs, it was like they bought the unit and poof they were gone LOL. Slide ins kept our service dept hopping, but Im not against one either....if I go that route Im thinking a stripped down very simple unit with zero bells and whistles....no need for that really.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
If I could get a large 210 waste tank :winky:

Line your floor with a 120 gallon Bane tank which you could pump out to or drain into from your current tank.

And if you dont wanna move stuff, then put in tanks to fill in your dead space. This way you can carry your waste all day if thats what you wanna do.

I just water the lawn .. burns less gas per day .. less beating on the van .. etc

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom