New wand! different hose size, tech upset

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Gave the new bentley wand to my tech.... I'm not sure on the hose size bare with me. The old wand was a standard 2 jet. It had the 1.5 inch hose then after 25 feet or so it got bigger!!! lol The new wand takes teh bigger size only.. My tech says the hose is to big and getting in his way. any suggestions?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I have the same problem with my guy. He always complains about every little change. The vacuum is always pushing the wand grip down and then starts to leak. I took a quick disconnect coupler for the waste box and clamped it to the wand and all he did was complain. If I didn't change it back he said he would quit. I showed him my list of names from people who call looking for work and he shut up.

Gene

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I prefer the 1.5 inch hose, I tried the larger one today it wasnt that bad, except it was not as flexible when going from room to room. Why is larger better? or is it?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
More vacuum means better water extraction which means you leave the carpet cleaner and drier. Everybody wins.

Gene

Mike Draper

Why dont you go clean for a day with him and show him how easy it is. Tell him to grow some balls.

I have two different types of 2 inch hose on my reel. I have 100 feet of stiff hose and 150 ft of 2 inch hose that is very soft and flexible. Ditch the 1.5 inch hose because it kills your suction. You need to either ditch the stiff hose you bought or just keep it for really long hose runs and order some flexible 2 inch hose. I don't know where you can get it but trust me the difference is mind blowing. Try doing a google search for 2 inch vacuum hose and you should get some websites that sell good hose. If you get the right hose it will come out of the box soft and flexible. If you prefer the 1.5 inch 2 jet wand you can get an adapter to fit on the end of the 2 inch hose that reduces the hose to 1.5 inch.

http://interlinksupply.com/index.html?i ... ++++++++++

Here is an adapter you can use on your 1.5 inch hose with the two inch wand

http://interlinksupply.com/index.html?i ... ++++++++++

If you get some soft flexible 2 inch hose you will never use a whip hose again. By the way whip hoses are for hacks.

Name
Jesse
Make them deal with it and they will get used to it.

My guys hated when I added 50 ft of 2.5, they got used to it. We run all 2.5 with a 15ft 2" whip, they bitched about that but after 6 months they get used to it and appreciate making less dry strokes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom