Nextdoor app

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
IMG_4871.PNG
how many of you guys are getting work from the Nextdoor app? It's huge here. I get more work from here than any other platform like angieslist or Yelp.
If you're not on it, get on it.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I just became active on it 2 weeks ago. Got a call last week and booked a job.

Nice that it's free...but with these types of things I HATE all the email notifications you get every time someone posts something in your "neighborhood". I know you can change in settings, but then run the risk of missing out on something.

Starting to get overwhelmed monitoring all these social media apps to keep up with everything. It's almost a full time job in itself. But, I can't complain. Lots of good jobs come out of it with little or no cost.

Reactions: WillS

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I just became active on it 2 weeks ago. Got a call last week and booked a job.

Nice that it's free...but with these types of things I HATE all the email notifications you get every time someone posts something in your "neighborhood". I know you can change in settings, but then run the risk of missing out on something.

Starting to get overwhelmed monitoring all these social media apps to keep up with everything. It's almost a full time job in itself. But, I can't complain. Lots of good jobs come out of it with little or no cost.
If your business gets recommended you will get an email. You can turn the rest of the stuff off. It will let you see the comment that was made with your business tag in it.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i get lots of jobs from it. its a great app and i have never had to do anything but a good job. i think its been over a year now since i got my first customer from it.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I got a few job from customers who tell people about me. There's no real advertising unless I'm missing something?

glenboy

Name
GLEN
just got on it recently.....got a job and 2 recommendations from local neighbors...........i would be interested how to advertise on there....ive already been flagged for posting commercial on a general page..............so who has the the solution to keep current on the general discussion

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
i also setup a business page
Yes, you need to setup a business page. No one can see your business until someone recommends you. Once you have been recommended in a neighborhood your page can be seen. You can not make unsolicited posts.
I did a $464 job today from Nextdoor.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
It cant be totally free!? Whats the Vic on leads or jobs done?
I think we have been mentioned on it but declined to sign up cause they wanted a fee-- which I cant remmember what it was.

Reactions: WillS

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Maybe there is a charge to advertise on it. We just claimed the page Free and noticed we have recommendations from months ago. It is more when someone within a certain distance of there next door l neighborhood asks who do you recommend people respond.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
There is a charge to advertise. Just claim your business and get customers to recommend you. That's free. I get at least one call a day because of it. I just finished a house for a lady that found me on there.
This is priceless:
IMG_5124.PNG

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
No one in our area uses it yet :( I set us up and used the send emails to people option to mention it to some of our past clients but it says the page will be deleted if you don't get 9 neighbors in 21 days.

steve_64

Haha I can set the boundaries since no one has started it in my area.

We are so far behind the times here most of this stuff is over before it even starts here.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
Anyone have any luck with this app? I was the first one in my area to create a neighborhood, and I thought no one was going to join at first, but there are now 17 members in my neighborhood! No one is posting much so far. I'm trying to add some local events and I claimed our business page on there, just don't really know where to start in getting people to jump in and use it.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I can't stand nextdoor!!
OK maybe I have sour grapes because I'm having issues claiming my page. Sent email to them asking for help but no one responded-- the service must be free because it seems they have no employees-- or at least no employees that care about customer service.. really think it's just operated by auto Bots. :headscratch: :hopeless:

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I get a few jobs a month from one area, it is an area that I work in all the time. I joined my own neighborhood and can't seem to get any work. I clean a lot of the houses in my neighborhood, my customers just don't use the app.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Yes! I'm all about nextdoor now. We just had another 2 recommendations the other day. I claimed both our pages in both cities we service when I first seen this post. Now I have started using it for my own neighborhood updates. Kinda cool actually. Not the new FB or anything, but still worth signing up.

IMG_3454.PNG

And least we know the online booking is easy. @smastio

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom