Nextel walkie talkies

ron markam

How many of you that have employees use the Nextel walkie talkies.I am considering this to cut down on cell phone bills.I know that they offer them as walkie talkie only with no cell service attached. If anyone is using Nextel like this I would love some feedback.

MerCrewser

Nextel is the worst service ever. Walky talky service is very frustrating. I switched to Cingular, best thing I ever did.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I agree nextels cell service is crappy. My cell 10 years ago had less dropped calls and better coverage than my nextel. Their customer service is pretty crappy too. If you do get them don't get the i560 it is the "military spec" phone. I bought one and it quit working after 2 weeks would not power on, traded for another one and opened it before I left the store and the color screen was distorted, I have had this third one for about a year and it still works but about a month ago it just started randomly powering down about every couple of days. It comes right back on but I now have to constantly check it to make sure it is still on. At the other job I had we had a bunch of nextels and they got used and abused and never any problems. I don't remember the model but they were very basic and not flip phones.

With that being said the walkie talkie works very well. It can be frustrating talking to someone who doesn't know how to use it. Like my sister she lets off the damn button to soon cutting off the last word or two every time and she thinks I'm crazy when I tell her about it. At another job I had the drivers were furnished nextels with the cell part disabled and it was indespensible.

G

had good service with nextel UNTIL they combined with sprint - sucks now so I changed to Verizon

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The phone service sucks..right now my phone say no service! :x
The phones and cheaply made and have terrible speakers in them.

The 2-way is a great, my brother was in Cancun 2-weeks ago and we connected no problem.

I wish I could dump them, we have 20-of them, but the 2-way works great for the restoration business.

I have not hear of 2-way only? I'll have to look into that, I pay around $1400.00 a month and sure hate to make that check out.

Maybe that's why it reads no service. :shock: :lol:

Mark

No luck with Nextel .... Cingular now offers walkie talkie service it is called push to talk.

ron markam

Call your rep Richard you can have them set up for two way only. Not interested in cell service just need the two way feature. About 8 years ago I drove a delivery truck and we had them then. I also know companies that have them now. James good luck with Verizon have had them for eight years and am actively comparing companies .Their rates are high and they offer no perks whatsoever. The only good thing is I rarely drop a call with them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom