No. 1 reason why you don't want shag rugs

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Found this gold and diamond stud earring in a rug at the shop today. Heart shaped, probably a valentines gift. I'm sure she'll be glad to get it back.
IMG_20161227_125900.jpg

Reactions: dgardner and FredC

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
I have found lots of jewelry and coins in rugs. Usually a pleasant surprise of gratitude when I return them. Only once did a woman show obvious discontent while thanking me. I believe it didn't belong to her and knew it should not have been in her living room next to the lounge sofa.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I did a job for a Player on the Portland Trailblazers, Jerome Kersey, a long time ago and when I moved the couch I found this really big diamond, engagement ring. I handed it to his new bride and she took it like she cared less...said the Insurance Company had already bought her a new one. It was an easy decision to give it to the Owner but her attitude made me question doing it, because we were a young family and the going was difficult at that time...she could have cared less.

Last edited:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I've found sewing needles in Shag rugs. :eekk:
And found Lots of Money in shag rugs-- cuz Shag rugs should only be cleaned in plant. :rockon:
Shag rugs- a fun idea- bad reality.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Half the rugs sold in the late 70's were shag. Wore out a couple of Kirbys, but vacuuming couldn't be skipped with that stuff.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
The Tumble Duster is fantastic for Shag Rugs. The best duster we made for these rugs. Randy Hyde says so:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
tumble duster is probably the only way to really get all the crap out of a shag rug. I always tell my customers, if you can't vacuum it with a beater bar vacuum, don't buy it. Imagine all the crap in a shag rug when it has sat in a customers home for 5 years or more without proper vacuuming or cleaning. Worse than shag is the fooking noodle rugs, with individual yarns as fat as your fingers or rugs made of leather strips. They may look nice in a showroom but virtually uncleanable.

Ron K

They may look nice in a showroom but virtually uncleanable.

I tell them to take it outside and hang it on a line and work on their backhand.

The only question then is do you tell them the correct side to hit........ front or back??

Reactions: Cleanworks

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
We were working for a Green Beret who was moving to Guam. Kept finding small jewellry in the girl's room; earrings, little rings. When we'd made a little pile on his counter, I suggested that "If the snake-eating thing doesn't work out, you could always open a pawn shop."

"I know" he said, "I love my girls but they just don't take care of their things."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom