Nominations for Ralph Bloss Award 2017

Who should get the award?

• Total voters
Name
Steve Lawrence
Well....I may have missed the video (I don't watch them) but what exactly makes Saiger a humanitarian?

Not saying he shouldn't be nominated just wondering other than helping carpet cleaners why he would receive the award. Yeah he is a nice guy, generous with his time and knowledge, and generally positive but I don't know that I would classify him as a humanitarian. Is he doing a bunch of charity/volunteer work?

Edit: You Saigerites don't need to send me letterbombs or anything .....I'm not hating on the guy.

Doing what Mark does for the carpet cleaning community is humanitarian in my opinion. Aren't we cleaners human?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
geezz a bunch of school girls. None one attack or be little or made any comment about anyone and who are what or why... Voting on mikeysboard means ZERO ZILCH NADA..you guys don't even get a vote but YOU do get a nomination. Please submit your nomination and include WHY you think your nomination should win this award. I have said this before and will say it again. I am humbled that I was included with my wife in winning this award and I DO NOT THINK I DESERVED IT. Lora yes all the way she earned it and deserved it and I am humbled by how amazing she is. Me I a former long haired peckerwood for northtown trying to make amends by kicking the shit out of cancer...So stop acting like a bunch of junior high school girls and get to writing why you think whomever you think best deserves to win this award and WHY. That's it. There are truly amazing men and women in this industry. I had no clue What Larry and his wife do with zero promotion nor Rob Hanks or Steve Toubern or any of the other winners and the other nominations that have been made and yet to win until I became an Alumni. We truly have an amazing industry. So please get busy writing we cannot vote for someone if they are not nominated and their bio filled out.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I did not know about all these pesky little award details.

But Mark always answers Marty's comments respectfully and politely, which in my book is as humanitarian as it gets. (Richard may testify.)

Compare, for example, my usual response (below) to Marty's run of the mill comments. Which, by the way, I wave all emotional rights to, so that you too can use it in the future. Unless, of course, you're planning on nominating yourself for an award of sorts -

upload_2017-7-24_16-2-34.png

upload_2017-7-24_16-1-55.jpeg

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
We argue as if Mark really is going to win. But generally the winners of any of these industry awards are business ass kissing , selling more etc. So they are just worthless plaques, or fancy bowling trophies nobody will care or remember.
Might as well give it to some homeless person so he can burn it to keep warm in the winter.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You tell'em Jimmy.

If it's takes a plaque to give yorsef a sense of self worth you are one pathethic individual.

Saiger helps people out of the goodness of his heart. He has been doing it for years. I've witnessed him sacrifice his time to help some cleaners he has never even met.

The guy is a Saint. He doesn't do it for awards or praise. He just has a big heart and truly cares.
:cool:

Mikey P

Administrator
Mark isn't in the Experience inner circle (yet) so my guess is he won't be winning this year

But he gets my vote, just for driving down and helping out at my RMHC cleanings.

Let alone all what he does for other newbs.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
And for the record, Jimmy is FOS\

Back in 2007, he won a plaque for biggest Mikeysboard freak

He cherishes that award...It's still hanging above the basement washing machine next to his Snoop dog poster and Speed racer pinball machine

Didn't he almost make it on Waldo's top 25 once too?

Reactions: Ed Valentine
F

FB7777

Well....I may have missed the video (I don't watch them) but what exactly makes Saiger a humanitarian?

Not saying he shouldn't be nominated just wondering other than helping carpet cleaners why he would receive the award. Yeah he is a nice guy, generous with his time and knowledge, and generally positive but I don't know that I would classify him as a humanitarian. Is he doing a bunch of charity/volunteer work?

Edit: You Saigerites don't need to send me letterbombs or anything .....I'm not hating on the guy.

IMG_0394.PNG

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mark isn't in the Costa/ Cooper mafia so he won't be winning.

But he would get my vote, just for driving down and helping out at my RMHC cleanings.

You know what mikey I've known you a long time. There is a lot of shit I write off but this? You can delete it and and apologies or I'm done. No person I have ever known In my life has done more and been more humble then Barry Costa. You crossed a line mike that you need to rectify immediately or I'm done.

Mikey P

Administrator

Relax oh wise one.

I was not picking on Barry what so ever. Put your conspiracy meter away.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Relax oh wise one.

I was not picking on Barry what so ever. Put your conspiracy meter away.
You made a slanderous remark against a man that would never publicly ever say a cross word against anyone, who would turn around and drive back to a store if they gave him .10 to much change. You also slighted the Ralph Bloss Humanitarian award, all past winners and Doyle Bloss with your insinuating it's a rig a award. Words matter. Doyle and Barry would never publicly defend themselves, they have thick skin me? I have zero f's to give wrong is wrong and what you said is as wrong as anything you have ever done. What's worse is you think it's no big deal.
Mikey we have known each other a very long time and I make concessions for your personality but your words matter.

Reactions: ruff

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mark isn't in the Experience inner circle (yet) so my guess is he won't be winning this year

But he gets my vote, just for driving down and helping out at my RMHC cleanings.

That is just as bad. Why are you so intent on burning every bridge you've ever crossed? why would you disparage Ralph Bloss's memory like that? What the hell is wrong with you?

Mikey P

Administrator
you know what John, your right to the extent that I should not be creating suspicion of anything to do with this award or the Bloss family.

It's a very honorable award, that I very much hope is NOT being tainted by the Experience Inc.

I'd like to see the whole process being held separately from "a show" or private entity..

Back
Top Bottom