Noob looking for a new start!

Scout-n-Josh

Hey all!

I'm Josh, 29yrs old and am from Brillion, WI. I am really interested in getting into the carpet and floor cleaning business. What initially got me interested in cleaning carpets was when I used to sell Kirby Vacuums...I know, I know...I don't sell them anymore!! But when I was selling them, part of our job was to clean carpets and I always really liked doing it and always made sure I did a really good job no matter if I sold a machine or not! Now I am selling vehicles and boats and really feel like I need to get out on my own and start a business of my own and had been thinking about getting into the carpet cleaning business now for about a year. I just don't know what I gotta do to get it started? What machine to buy? and so on. I just recently discovered this forum and now am excited because it is a place of great information and has sparked the intrest of starting my own carpet cleaning business! I look forward to reading a lot of the posts on here and and also any good information that anyone would be willing to share with me about what I can do to get started in my carpet cleaning business adventure! Thanks!!

Josh

Name
George Valliant
A Kirby salesman? Heck ya! You gots what it takes...

You can clean rugs if you wanna.

How much $$$ you got to play with?

Perhaps we can help you find a good used truckmount.

Have you ever heard the song "Long Way to the Top" by AC/DC ?

You might have to pay some dues but you might not starve to death either.

Scout-n-Josh

Mikey P said:
What is your favorite nightcap?

lol...I'm not sure what cha mean Mickey!

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
A Kirby salesman? Heck ya! You gots what it takes...

You can clean rugs if you wanna.

How much $$$ you got to play with?

Perhaps we can help you find a good used truckmount.

Have you ever heard the song "Long Way to the Top" by AC/DC ?

You might have to pay some dues but you might not starve to death either.

I've got about 3k in capital, but could get more. And I would like to keep my dayjob until I build up some clientel. AC/DC Rocks!! What kind of truckmount do you guys recommend?

Also, when I was in Kirby I got to the point where I had my own franchise. I ran that semi-successfully for two years until I figured out that I didn't want to sell vacuums anymore! lol. It was a ton of work finding customers, but we got-r-dun! That me makes me confident that I can start a conventional business and build it into successful business....hopefully! :D

rick imby

Name
Rick
Selling ability is the hardest to learn/teach. Take a couple days off and spend it riding with a cleaner from a couple of hundred miles away. Most cleaners are pretty good technicians but just OK salesmen.

This forum is all about who has the biggest Truckmount wins. There are a couple od other forums too.

Good Luck,
Rick

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
its not ALL about who's is biggest. depends on who's posting.

Take the time to read through the theads. "Start Up" ideas have already been talked about a lot. From which type of machine, getting the education, knowing the chemistry, what tools.
Connections in Vegas is coming up in Sept, go to the home show and keep asking questions.

What are the demographics in Brillion? high rises? lots of homes? townhouses? condos? lower income, middle, Upper middle or high income? All these are factors. Who do you want your target market to be?

Scout-n-Josh

Ron Werner said:
its not ALL about who's is biggest. depends on who's posting.

Take the time to read through the theads. "Start Up" ideas have already been talked about a lot. From which type of machine, getting the education, knowing the chemistry, what tools.
Connections in Vegas is coming up in Sept, go to the home show and keep asking questions.

What are the demographics in Brillion? high rises? lots of homes? townhouses? condos? lower income, middle, Upper middle or high income? All these are factors. Who do you want your target market to be?

Ron...Thank you for info! I have been reading and learning about the vast variety of cleaning equipment and start up ideas on this forum and others as well. There is definitely a lot of good info on here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom