Not exactly the yellow brick road but sewage cleanup helps pay the bills.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Yes we actually market for this kind of work. We’d like it if when people think of sh*t, they think of us….wait minute…….well something like that anyway. ;)

Ok seriously after a good pressure washing and once over with the turbo you are ready for testing with the Bio-Reveal ATP meter.

DSCN0674.jpg

DSCN0675.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->
Ok seriously after a good pressure washing

What's the trick to pressure washing shit soup inside someones home without making more of a mess??

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I tried to hold it until I got to the crapper. Stupid ex-lax. You shoulda seen what I flushed.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How do you go into a job like that without gagging?
Full PPE. Heck the pictures were so vivid I had to check my boots for a second there.

Definitely not work for those with a week stomach, some guys can't take it.

However money motivates most and they will actually fight for who "gets" to go. :icon_rolleyes:

Some people are just nutz, heck, Connor has probably hit his head on the screen a couple of times trying to dive into it. :razz:

Reactions: Connor

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Thank god for hepatitis shots. I was the guy that got thrown into crawl spaces with 8" of "fecal stew". It seems after you change baby diapers you can do just about anything.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Thank god for hepatitis shots. I was the guy that got thrown into crawl spaces with 8" of "fecal stew". It seems after you change baby diapers you can do just about anything.

It's true, My granddaughter is potty training. Brings new meaning (again) to "do you have go potty before leaving the house".

However it is still not the same, Good luck Richard.

Connor

Name
Connor
Full PPE. Heck the pictures were so vivid I had to check my boots for a second there.

Definitely not work for those with a week stomach, some guys can't take it.

However money motivates most and they will actually fight for who "gets" to go. :icon_rolleyes:

Some people are just nutz, heck, Connor has probably hit his head on the screen a couple of times trying to dive into it. :razz:

I'd be the one outside, looking for the sewer cleanout, but that stuff is an everyday occurrence, it doesn't bother me. Smells like money to me and in my business, A flush beats a full house.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Familiarity does breed contempt. :winky:

Yes the plumbers and drain cleaners around here make fun of us for suiting up. They would laugh even more if the knew we had hep shots and training for cleaning for what appears obvious.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What caused that anyways?
Sh*t and a little water, it came up out of the toilet. :p

Mike I'm really not sure, sometimes they tell us but most of the time we just ask if the situation is corrected before we respond. So unless they mention it we usually don't ask. The plumber or drain always know but we are really just focused on the cleanup.

Mikey P

Administrator
What is the best and or device for sucking that up..
Do you use your truckmount?
How do you clean the houses and equipment afterwords?

Connor

Name
Connor
Familiarity does breed contempt. :winky:

Yes the plumbers and drain cleaners around here make fun of us for suiting up. They would laugh even more if the knew we had hep shots and training for cleaning for what appears obvious.

When they laugh, tell them that you get paid to suit up, then ask them if they wear those same shoes in their house.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What is the best and or device for sucking that up..
Do you use your truckmount?
How do you clean the houses and equipment afterwords?
We prefer a TM but a portable would be ok too. The TM has the capacity to haul away the contaminants, where the portable you would have to pump it back where it came from.

Actual tools, we like the hard surface tool with the brush head, pressure gun and turbo tool. We charge $250.00 to decontaminate the tools and equipment. Takes a couple of guys a few of hours.

Connor

Name
Connor
We charge $250.00 to decontaminate the tools and equipment. Takes a couple of guys a few of hours.

Decontaminate: Take stinky tools to do-it-yourself carwash on the way home, spray with carwash pressure hose, get scented wax rinse.

Hey, where else can you use a pressure washer for two fiddy?

What kind of procedure do you use to "decontaminate" the hose? Do you do anything to the inside or just wash the outside?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Decontaminate: Take stinky tools to do-it-yourself carwash on the way home, spray with carwash pressure hose, get scented wax rinse.

Hey, where else can you use a pressure washer for two fiddy?

What kind of procedure do you use to "decontaminate" the hose? Do you do anything to the inside or just wash the outside?
Chris the inside gets a good flushing as you go through the stages of removal of solids to liquids to detail cleaning. However on nasty ones we will soak the hose in a wading pool bath for an hour or two. We have a car wash at our shop to wash down the hose, tools and inside the waste tank. Its all part of the job and neither insurance or homeowner have ever questioned us on it. Even when uninsured.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
you don't wear PPE when you wipe your ass do you????

seriously I have done a ton of these sorts of cleanups I would actually call that one a light to medium one. I don't use a hard surface tool but rather just a green glide wand. suck up what I can first. then key the wand like cleaning carpets. get up nearly all of it like that then I have a spray wand I hook up and spray it with that usually while another guy sucks up what I am spraying. the toilet is sprayed off and all the debris is sucked up, DONE. its not that hard but it is gross and I don't particularly like doing it. a truckmount is ideal because of the pressure and heat plus the ability to suck up the shietta. I have lots of stories of sewer from back in the day when I worked for the BIG local company. here is one

I got called out to this ghetto house in a rougher neighborhood of salt lake. it was on a saturday afternoon and I was pissed off because of being called out AND because the guy I was on call with sucked as a worker. so I show up and its an old house with what was likely the coal furnace/hopper area from back in the day under the house. it was now a basement room about 12x12 in size. It was filled to about what I estimated to be 5 feet deep of RAW black sewer. naturally I was like WTF that didn't get there overnight the people had been living over essentially an open septic tank. so noted a bathroom was directly above the stairs leading down. so I told the dipshit I was working with dude, get the sump pump we are going to have this done and get the hell out of here. so I set the pump and told him with the threat of death to watch the power cord and the discharge hose I had just put into the toilet. if we caused sewer damage upstairs from us pumping it out, it was going to be very bad. but he could pull the power cord at the slightest sign of the sewer not draining. so all is setup and pumping at 20 minutes goes by and I think you know I should be able to see a big time dent in the sewer level. like probably a foot gone. instead all I hear is a water fall down there. it turned out the shower and toilet drain had totally busted and was just dumping everything right into the basement. I wanted to scream you have to be kidding me. again I grow more frustrated and pissed off. so that left me forced to use the truckmount which would take 5-6 times longer than the sump pump, plus we had to dick with draining it correctly. we tried the truckmount it was getting clogged it just wasn't working. so umm someone turned the sump pump back on and just drained the shietay under a pine tree in the back yard. I can still remember the guy asking is that going to hurt anything, my buddy was like well that pine tree is going to grow like a muther fer. OMG there was bed frames and all manner of crap that had been submerged in that black mess. there was a black lake in the back yard when we left. I often wonder if the company ever got paid on jobs like that. the people answering the phones would just dispatch the crews without regard to if the people actually had the ability to pay or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Yes we actually market for this kind of work. We’d like it if when people think of sh*t, they think of us….wait minute…….well something like that anyway. ;)

Ok seriously after a good pressure washing and once over with the turbo you are ready for testing with the Bio-Reveal ATP meter.

DSCN0674.jpg

DSCN0675.jpg

Now your in truma scene cleaning ...you will get to see some good shit
the above will just be boring

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
... Smells like money to me...
Yeah, on the few occasions when I could convince Sioux to go with the fire crew she just hated the smell of a fire loss. I would always reply, "But honey, don't you like going to the grocery store and not having to check what our checking account balance is?" Life is full of trade offs.

Steve

PS Those are some good photos, Richard.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree Steve G that is not anywhere near the worst we see, it was just the most recent.

CU trauma is much worse, both smell, sight and memory.

Thanks Steve!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom