Number 1 reason you need a truck mount.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
These were just the outside stairs. Two more staircases inside.

Attachments

• IMG_20170509_123328.jpg
    IMG_20170509_123328.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 429

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The problem with being a truck mount only or portable only cleaning company is that sometimes you will just have to say no. This job was only about 150 sqft. We charged $150. The customer is a property mgr who has been with me for 30 years and has given me thousands of dollars. If I didn't have a TM, I would have said no. If you do that too often, you will lose the customer. A truck mount is expensive but not having one can cost you more in the long run.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That should be a good machine. It's tempting to turn your pressure up when cleaning carpet but I believe it has 2-2stage vacuums. You will have to play with it a bit to find your optimum pressure and flow that can still be effectively recovered by the vacuums.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I would rather run 300 feet off my truck mount then run a porty!

And I hate setups that are over 200 feet.

I mean if they were paying Bob Money no problem, but these apartment condo dwellers don't understand the words setup fee.

And I ain't lifting a porty. I can barely push Toms wand.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You simply can't get into these highrises with 300 ft or even 500 ft of hose. You can't park close enough or leave doors open. Operating a portable to clean a condo is pretty simple and a lot more profitable than running a TM. You are using their hot water and their electricity and charging TM rates. A 1000 sqft condo can be done in a hour and a half for $250 then you have the opportunity to sell protector, tile or upholstery cleaning or whatever. You can make more cleaning condos with less expenditures sometimes. Cleaners who disparage portables are only hurting their bottom line. Cimex and orbot machines are portable too.

Reactions: SamIam

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
mbhighrise.jpg
I would rather run 300 feet off my truck mount then run a porty!
And I hate setups that are over 200 feet.
I mean if they were paying Bob Money no problem, but these apartment condo dwellers don't understand the words setup fee.
And I ain't lifting a porty. I can barely push Toms wand.
I'm from LA so I know you really don't need a portable there...but you do here. The entire coast and major waterways are lined with high rise condos and rich people.
I am in the process of contacting all the House Cleaning Companies in this area...100's of them and high end Property Managers.
If I told them I couldn't do the high rise condos then we would be off their list.
We are also required to park in areas reserved for Service vehicles and use separate elevators etc. No way to use a truck mount at those properties.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
When my van went to hell on me this week I used my Orbot on everything I could. It saved me. But there were two jobs I was forced to cold water extract with my porty. I'm glad I had it but man, it was a lot of work.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You simply can't get into these highrises with 300 ft or even 500 ft of hose. You can't park close enough or leave doors open. Operating a portable to clean a condo is pretty simple and a lot more profitable than running a TM. You are using their hot water and their electricity and charging TM rates. A 1000 sqft condo can be done in a hour and a half for $250 then you have the opportunity to sell protector, tile or upholstery cleaning or whatever. You can make more cleaning condos with less expenditures sometimes. Cleaners who disparage portables are only hurting their bottom line. Cimex and orbot machines are portable too.
No high rise here just 3 rd floor 1 bedroom shacks

SamIam

Name
sam miller
This place here is 90% residential track housing,

image.jpg

All day everyday 325 days of sunshine a year!

No wonder they're building solar fields and wind fans like mad here.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom