Odor barrier usage

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMG_2005.JPG

Ok landing on steps I sub surfaced the heck out of carpet and pad before I ended up yanking it up.

I sprayed pet stain off yesterday on wood and left a dri pod.

It feels dry but still reeks is it ok to put down odor barrier now or is there more I need to do to the wood????

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Use a moisture meter to determine the % of H20. If it is within acceptable levels found in the rest of the building then I would say that you are ok to put down your barrier. You may however want to consider replacing the subfloor. It looks like wood and the urine may have flowed down between the subfloor and the wall to the sub subfloor.

Reactions: kmdineen and SamIam

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Def a tough one.
I have tried a bunch, both from out industry and the hardware store, kitchen sink variety! lol

At one time I had a bunch of affected tackless I had pulled up from a job. Treated them with a bunch of different things. Really did a thorough job, since they were up and I know i did not miss any area/surface on them. Smell always came through.!!!!
CTI's old version, and current. then all the different shellacs sealers etc. kilz-- binz ---- zinz--Some I even added oil base deodorizer BP's orange stuff.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Todd told me the enzyme has a surfactant that will keep the odorbarrier from sticking to the wood told me to test an area first.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A sheet of plywood is cheap compared to chems and time. With that level of contamination I'd try to convince the owner, property manager it would be in their best interest to replace it.

You may still need to decontaminate the concrete beneath.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I would use straight 15% peroxide, scrub with rotary brush.

It will revert to water. Dry and seal with solvent-based sealer.

Well if and ever I do another step landing the peroxide, not the enzymes will get the call.

And ya I should've said replace the wood sheet. I would've had to pull the base boards and not sure about drywall to get that out. So far no complaints.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I didn't know the enzyme product would effect the barrier product good to know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom