Ofer Kolton experience with TM's...?

Name
Nate W.
Hey @Ofer Kolton since I've been on the boards, I nocticed you've been through a lot of truckmounts.. From CDS, Apex, Pro1200, and now a Butler if I read correctly..

Care to share your experiences with them and why the constant change?

Any bitterness towards any machine, service or support?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Still on my first wife and love her. She just can't get rid of me.

Actually Nate, considering the time I've been in business, I did not have too many.
First CDS was from 1989 till 2001,
Sccond CDS 2001 till 2013 (and my partner at the time got another one.) All good machines.

Moved to Texas, got the largest longest Sprinter and an Apex. Good machine. Built a new house on acreage and found Texas to be a little too hot, conservative and religious to our taste. People were actually very nice and polite but a different culture.

Moved back to CA (actually I kept my business going in CA throughout our Texas experiment) and had two vans at the same time. Sold the Sprinter- Try finding parking in San Francisco for an extended sprinter.

Got tired about greasing the Cds's shaft, messy, hard to reach and the engine cover gets messed up. And at the time HydraMaster did some stupid stuff trying to cut costs and save a buck (plastic parts) recovery tank that starts leaking at seams.

2014 (I think) opted for a pro-1200. Still have it. Good machine.

Currently, trying to start my business in the Sierra Foothills and need a water pond. Sapphire is all too busy constantly making new models, yet do not seem to understand that it may be better to create one knockout machine where all the kinks have been straightened out.

So I got a Butler. I didn't trust Sapphire to create a dependable water pond. I also like the stainless steel water and recovery tanks and the new space saving design (the reason I never bought a Butler before). And I prefer to do business with small family owned company, that was not yet bought out by a German and or an American conglomerate.

So now I also have a new extended GMC 3500, a Butler mid-mount with extra heat and the big blower, 110 recovery and 110 fresh water. Just drove it from the East Coast. Didn't do diddly with it yet, so I can't say much about it as of now. What I can tell you, is that the sale experience with Butler, how thorough and responsive they were throughout, the time spent teaching me about and how to maintain their machine, their patience and grace, leaves everybody else in the dust.

Looks good parked in the garage though.

Probably be looking to sell my Pro- 1200 in a GMC 3500 cargo (regular length) with very low mileage and hours on the machine, sometime in the next year.

They were all good machines with advantages and disadvantages that helped me make a decent amount of $.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
Cool beans! Thanks for sharing... You've always been a straight shooter..

I do like Stainless Steel as well.. It wouldn't hurt to have it offered as an option from other manufacturers..

But who am I, just a guy stuck in the middle of the ocean collecting others junk... :shifty:

Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I've heard that Desky has an excellent stainless steel recovery tank, aluminum made, that he's desperately trying to find a new home for.
I'm surprised he hasn't contacted you yet.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
What I can tell you, is that the sale experience with Butler, how thorough and responsive they were throughout, the time spent teaching me about and how to maintain their machine, their patience and grace, leaves everybody else in the dust.
After the recent hurricane our area actually was hit pretty hard. Our sea wall is badly damaged and I would guess 100's or thousands maybe, of others here have the same issue. $50 to 100k and it's not covered by insurance.
My Customers are on Marco Island and Naples primarily...the eye of the storm. Marco businesses are still just beginning to re-open their doors. The phone stopped ringing. Business went dead. And there is a psychological effect to seeing all the downed trees...people aren't thinking about clean carpets.
My point...
The bank that finances our Butler, The Bancorp just told us that they would just take the next 3 months and put those payments at the end of the lease.
I wasn't late...I had the payment but- They watch the news. My Butler experience was class and quality all the way and so is their finance group, Bancorp.
I now understand why so many people with Butler Systems stay with Butler Systems. I know I will.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I just happen to have another one too.

Going to finish rigging it tomorrow with all the goodies)

20171005_203120.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
After the recent hurricane our area actually was hit pretty hard. Our sea wall is badly damaged and I would guess 100's or thousands maybe, of others here have the same issue. $50 to 100k and it's not covered by insurance.
My Customers are on Marco Island and Naples primarily...the eye of the storm. Marco businesses are still just beginning to re-open their doors. The phone stopped ringing. Business went dead. And there is a psychological effect to seeing all the downed trees...people aren't thinking about clean carpets.
My point...
The bank that finances our Butler, The Bancorp just told us that they would just take the next 3 months and put those payments at the end of the lease.
I wasn't late...I had the payment but- They watch the news. My Butler experience was class and quality all the way and so is their finance group, Bancorp.
I now understand why so many people with Butler Systems stay with Butler Systems. I know I will.
That's incredible! What an understanding group. That's unheard of compassion. :clap:

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just finished my sweet setup, and now you throw this out there?! REALLY!!!!

Where do I get the lights? It's expensive keeping up with the saiger setup.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I just finished my sweet setup, and now you throw this out there?! REALLY!!!!

Where do I get the lights? It's expensive keeping up with the saiger setup.

Sorry buddy.... But I bet your set up is going to be great!

Lights from my local installer and they put them in clear tubing as well to protect.

I have a pic of the product I believe from their showroom

Doing LED lights in the headlights Monday. Some other detailing... Was just having some fun with some mad money... I decided to put it into the van since it's all I seem to get to drive... Lol

Just hoping to have some fun on the next Mikey's Fest show we can maybe bring it to :)

20170925_164624.jpg

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Currently, trying to start my business in the Sierra Foothills

hey all the best on that Ofer. It's my back yard. Get a bunch of requests annually for El D. Hills/Aurburn and Placerville. Use to run up past Diamond Springs for my brothers house and a few others. Just to far to drive. There's money in the hills and nice people living a quite lifestyle. They'll pay your price when they see confidence. Yer hoses will get a little dirtier leading to front doors and entries vs the concrete of inner cities but manageable. Gets chilly in winter but not like Truckee, no not like that. When/if you get established let me know and I'll put a reminder on my dash panel....

Reactions: Mikey P and ruff

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Cool beans! Thanks for sharing... You've always been a straight shooter..

I do like Stainless Steel as well.. It wouldn't hurt to have it offered as an option from other manufacturers..

But who am I, just a guy stuck in the middle of the ocean collecting others junk... :shifty:

Don't forget Smart A$$

Reactions: Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
hey all the best on that Ofer. It's my back yard. Get a bunch of requests annually for El D. Hills/Aurburn and Placerville. Use to run up past Diamond Springs for my brothers house and a few others. Just to far to drive. There's money in the hills and nice people living a quite lifestyle. They'll pay your price when they see confidence. Yer hoses will get a little dirtier leading to front doors and entries vs the concrete of inner cities but manageable. Gets chilly in winter but not like Truckee, no not like that. When/if you get established let me know and I'll put a reminder on my dash panel....
Thank you, much appreciated.
Unlike Mike that knows everybody here, I don't know your name. Tried to PM you but I guess your account is set not to accept emails.
You can pm me if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom