Oh Dang it, there goes the competition for Devastating Tom

Mikey P

Administrator
The RA lemmings who bought a Cal Tools swivels wand are now seeing why Tom left his partnership with Tony Dang. No morals and horrible business practices.
When Tom and Tony were making wands together there we roughly 75 wands sold with Tom's influence. Most of those swivels are still in use today. The manifolds were crap but can be modified to use Tom's new super slick design. We have one of those 75 that is still working fine, my two Dangs that were given to me to try and get me to allow him to advertise on MB are failing fast.

So from September 2015 every Dang Pro, Dev Pro, Ti Challenger or teemfs labeled swivel wand are now falling apart in one way or another and Tony isn't answering his phone anymore. RA is responsible for the majority of the sales of the wands since 2015 as he was the only one stupid enough to promote them. Videos claiming they are the best in the world were Fivv'red to help promote Rob's cut. I guess the cut wasn't all that great because he is not taking responsibility for the problems, even though many were sold through his site. Typical DB move on his part.

Those wands were sold from $800 to $1200 and now you can't get parts for the swivels (Tony never made the same swivel for more than 20 or so wands) that are failing.

Cobb stopped selling them after seeing Tom's wand at the last Experience. A few Mom and Pops still do but for the love of mike, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Quality PMF made Devastators will be here soon

PS: Hookers and Blow get you into all sorts of messes.

20160910_222359.jpg
20160927_161148.jpg
IMG_20170218_145459.jpg
20160910_222359.jpg
20160927_161148.jpg
IMG_20170218_145459.jpg

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
The basic build of Tony dangs wand is good.
Mikey originally posted a picture of Tony's wand right here on MB. It was at the experience show several years ago, I saw it and made a comment about it.
Tony must have been trolling the board because he made contact with me maybe the next day, he sent me one I made a review about it, I think it may still be up for all I know.
I did a very honest review for it, Tony then reached out more and asked for my help, and he did listen to my suggestions.
Then some guys asked if it could be swivelized, I was NOT a fan of a swivel, the wand I had from Tony had a adapter that went into the head I loosened it and got the feel of what a swivel would feel like, I immediately could see the benefits of a swivel.
I reached out on all forms of media asking guys that had a swivel wand, what they were experiencing, most said the swivel concept was awesome, but they were wearing out and very sloppy.
So I set down for a few evenings looking over the Internet gaining info about all different types of swivels and how they worked.
The best designed swivels are in the fuel Industries, but a two inch swivel that was out of Australia was over 900.00 dollars!!
The problem after talking to them is they were never meant to take back and forth motion and the load that would be put on them from wand suction to the carpet.
So that is where I went to the drawing board to figure out how to build a swivel to do its job but to also take on the load of the back in forth motion,
So how much is my swivel really worth honestly 900.00 is what a 2" swivel is going for
I had 3 built I have Damon, and Ivan and myself and I built 3 wands to put them on, after about a month we were noticing some signs of wear not much but some, had to be use a mic to see it but still.
So I went and had three more made took the wands and put the newer ones on.
Mikey has My wand Ivan and Damon still have them today.
I built my new head around my swivel I didn't change it.
So the problem with Tony's wands are not so much the the wand, remember I was working with them, the ones I worked on gained a GREAT reputation, look at @Pioneer Floorcare he has 5 of them he has two that were in the first 5 sold!!
Tony can't swallow that quality control is important every dam wand I bought from him at HIS price he was making money off of me and that was fine whatever, but I went through everything and fixed what down right was shit, manifolds that were crooked had to have Tim's shop make new ones because the parts Tony sent was pure garbage, he didn't send all the parts EVER had to go and pay to have view widows made, manifold brackets all out of my own pocket....and then the haters oh they came out in groves saying I was full of crap.
When we went to the experience show where Mikey let me display the wand because he knew how hard I was working on it, and knew that I stood behind it.
Me and Missy showed up and Tony had some new kid in his booth, Tony wouldn't even talk to us, and we paid Tony 5000.00 the Friday the day before we left to get more wands, we were shocked, blown away when we got there and he had someone new he was working with, what a punch in the balls.
Tony and his partner going over and looking at the wand that Mikey had on display for guys to try, looks at me and Missy and says we copy we copy we put the best of everything!!! WTF!!! I thought we were working together, I said to him, he said you get all credit I'm still crappy wand maker Tony dang crappy wand maker you see I make better.
Missy was pissed but also crushed because we bent over backwards to try and help Tony and also because she felt bad for me.
I told her that's it no more no more helping anybody.
So to all the haters out there, the Devastator wand is all mine for all the crap you all talked, that's fine I take all that as a challenge you think you bring me down...No you make me try harder so thank you to all of you.
I don't hate Joe bristor I think he has a lot of knowledge and I still give him credit for helping me in the beginning, no way would I say any different.
I will always give my best, I will always stand behind my products, yes they are more....Because they cost me more to produce.
Many are speculating that PMF is somehow gonna be the miracle in cost reduction, this is the most complex wand produced more parts than on any other wand how long do think it takes me to assemble this wand after parts are all done and ready to be assembled??? I think you all would be shocked, PMF isn't gonna be any faster it takes time

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Yeah I know @hogjowl I wrote all that to help you all fall asleep, nothing like a boring book to help with naps and a good night's sleep

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I got two today actually lol maybe three I just couldn't see her face as it was a phone call....But the hair on the back of my neck shivered I'm pretty sure it was a Mikey Stare

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The basic build of Tony dangs wand is good.
Mikey originally posted a picture of Tony's wand right here on MB. It was at the experience show several years ago, I saw it and made a comment about it.
Tony must have been trolling the board because he made contact with me maybe the next day, he sent me one I made a review about it, I think it may still be up for all I know.
I did a very honest review for it, Tony then reached out more and asked for my help, and he did listen to my suggestions.
Then some guys asked if it could be swivelized, I was NOT a fan of a swivel, the wand I had from Tony had a adapter that went into the head I loosened it and got the feel of what a swivel would feel like, I immediately could see the benefits of a swivel.
I reached out on all forms of media asking guys that had a swivel wand, what they were experiencing, most said the swivel concept was awesome, but they were wearing out and very sloppy.
So I set down for a few evenings looking over the Internet gaining info about all different types of swivels and how they worked.
The best designed swivels are in the fuel Industries, but a two inch swivel that was out of Australia was over 900.00 dollars!!
The problem after talking to them is they were never meant to take back and forth motion and the load that would be put on them from wand suction to the carpet.
So that is where I went to the drawing board to figure out how to build a swivel to do its job but to also take on the load of the back in forth motion,
So how much is my swivel really worth honestly 900.00 is what a 2" swivel is going for
I had 3 built I have Damon, and Ivan and myself and I built 3 wands to put them on, after about a month we were noticing some signs of wear not much but some, had to be use a mic to see it but still.
So I went and had three more made took the wands and put the newer ones on.
Mikey has My wand Ivan and Damon still have them today.
I built my new head around my swivel I didn't change it.
So the problem with Tony's wands are not so much the the wand, remember I was working with them, the ones I worked on gained a GREAT reputation, look at @Pioneer Floorcare he has 5 of them he has two that were in the first 5 sold!!
Tony can't swallow that quality control is important every dam wand I bought from him at HIS price he was making money off of me and that was fine whatever, but I went through everything and fixed what down right was shit, manifolds that were crooked had to have Tim's shop make new ones because the parts Tony sent was pure garbage, he didn't send all the parts EVER had to go and pay to have view widows made, manifold brackets all out of my own pocket....and then the haters oh they came out in groves saying I was full of crap.
When we went to the experience show where Mikey let me display the wand because he knew how hard I was working on it, and knew that I stood behind it.
Me and Missy showed up and Tony had some new kid in his booth, Tony wouldn't even talk to us, and we paid Tony 5000.00 the Friday the day before we left to get more wands, we were shocked, blown away when we got there and he had someone new he was working with, what a punch in the balls.
Tony and his partner going over and looking at the wand that Mikey had on display for guys to try, looks at me and Missy and says we copy we copy we put the best of everything!!! WTF!!! I thought we were working together, I said to him, he said you get all credit I'm still crappy wand maker Tony dang crappy wand maker you see I make better.
Missy was pissed but also crushed because we bent over backwards to try and help Tony and also because she felt bad for me.
I told her that's it no more no more helping anybody.
So to all the haters out there, the Devastator wand is all mine for all the crap you all talked, that's fine I take all that as a challenge you think you bring me down...No you make me try harder so thank you to all of you.
I don't hate Joe bristor I think he has a lot of knowledge and I still give him credit for helping me in the beginning, no way would I say any different.
I will always give my best, I will always stand behind my products, yes they are more....Because they cost me more to produce.
Many are speculating that PMF is somehow gonna be the miracle in cost reduction, this is the most complex wand produced more parts than on any other wand how long do think it takes me to assemble this wand after parts are all done and ready to be assembled??? I think you all would be shocked, PMF isn't gonna be any faster it takes time
I'm not reading all this Tom!

Name
Scott Turknett
I am a guy that loves quality. I have Snap On hand tools, a Dillon reloading press for ammo, a Magma Master Caster for bullets, a Nightforce rifle scope, Miller Passport plus mig welder.... whatever I do, I do with the best tools available. That's why both my vans have zippers, both have Tom's wands, and both van's backup wands are Tom's. Tom's tools are so well made that after two years of hard use on the first three wands there is still no discernible play in the swivel.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i'll never forget the first day my brand new Greenhorn arrived from Lisa....it was so flashy and purty......
CRASH sED that it worked so well........
i got up the next morning only to find my brand new wand was missing from the truck......
got in my car and RACED to the last job he did the day before.....

THERE IT WAS...leaning against the fence about 5 feet from the sidewalk in the worst part of town there was......

if THAT didn't kill me...i'll live forever...........!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
i'll never forget the first day my brand new Greenhorn arrived from Lisa....it was so flashy and purty......
CRASH sED that it worked so well........
i got up the next morning only to find my brand new wand was missing from the truck......
got in my car and RACED to the last job he did the day before.....

THERE IT WAS...leaning against the fence about 5 feet from the sidewalk in the worst part of town there was......

if THAT didn't kill me...i'll live forever...........!

My guys did a job left the 6 jet Ti I bought used for only $900 at the time.

Customer calls says I got your wand what kinda reward do I get for calling????

It looks expensive.

I'm thinking you have my property and you want me to pay you for it??????

He got nothing but a thank you, my guys got a little talk.

Reactions: Cleanworks and EDS

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom