Mikey P

Administrator
PXL_20240312_025652073.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Let's just say that stuff might work. My questions are:
1. Is that the traditional acrylic type (zep, betco, etc)
2. Or is it a water based urethane?

And if it's the water based urethane, does the vinyl need to be prepped with a maroon pad?

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
jack zerkie
Any info on what price are current for stripping and and sealing old floors very large are not sure yet. Not my my normal job . Strip and 3 coates of seal. Thank you jz

Name
Swani
Rob did a nice job on his tutorial, but there's going to be a lot of F'd up floors out there due to lack of knowledge and experience.

Most carpet cleaners won't even prevac a floor before carpet cleaning, so I don't think they are going to take the time and steps to clean and tack these floors, among other preparation steps.

I recently paid to join a hard surface group and it's very educational. There's a lot more to this than people realize.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Here are some things I've learned over the years with hard surfaces:

1. What people do to the floor in the time they own/are in charge of the floor before you come into the picture has a great deal to do with how easy or difficult the job will be.

2. Your need to pay attention to detail at every step is astronomically higher on most hard surfaces than all but the most delicate of textile surfaces

3. Mistakes made along the way are much harder to fix than in textiles.

4. Customers expect the job to be easier than it will be, expect better results than usually can be delivered, and are less forgiving of unsatisfactory results.

5. Fixing problems created by prior bad maintenance practices, or your mistakes, are VERY expensive and time consuming.

6. I'm VERY cautious in the use of after market sealers and coatings for all of the above reasons.

6. I've learned more from Bryan Thompson in a few hours than every other trainer in our industry combined over the years. He and Mike put together the best training and reference material I've encountered, and I rely on it (and them) still.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Our next Hands-On class will be in San Antonio Texas again December 9th through 13th and will be limited to 12 students

We will be cleaning two homes and a church, along with plenty of Hands-On time at the Aladdin rug shop.

The field trip that we take the Floor and Decor is worth the triple on

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom