Oh what a night....(mid November 2014)

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Do your plans ever change?

After working all day plan was to end the evening cleaning carpets at a restaurant but no...

Phone call from one of our developments 645pm tonight..... two apartments sewer backups, small job in each one. Can you come over. Sure I'll be over in half hour.

Meanwhile as we are working on those two jobs.......a second phone call from another development 30 miles away. 1 BR apartment occupied, major flood over 80 percent of the living space.

Gonna be a long day and night. At least we don't have to do the restaurant tonight.

Part of the excitement of this industry is not knowing whats coming next.

Do you adjust well to these types of last minute changes?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
I don't think the guys are listening to this song in their earbuds right now. More like "highway to hell...."

I retired my dj business last year after 25 years....use to play Dec of 63 all the time.... Great party song.

Reactions: Hoody and Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It is is to some extent. Although what you can count on is, a loss will come in at the worst time possible! :winky:

Family dinner, Holidays, birthday party's, anniversary's, child's recital, play, game, Superbowl, NCAA Championship, family death, Friday at closing, Saturday on a date. You name it, I've experienced it.

All of my kids grew up knowing that "dad had to go to a water job". Its a trade off, they grew up with more materials things because I had the work coming in. But they also had less time with me...which in the end may have been a good thing! :biggrin:

If you process WDR all you can do is plan for it.

Build systems so you spread the wealth ...ok burden. If your company is small, network with other cleaners to cover you for important events.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Do your plans ever change?

After working all day plan was to end the evening cleaning carpets at a restaurant but no...

Phone call from one of our developments 645pm tonight..... two apartments sewer backups, small job in each one. Can you come over. Sure I'll be over in half hour.

Meanwhile as we are working on those two jobs.......a second phone call from another development 30 miles away. 1 BR apartment occupied, major flood over 80 percent of the living space.

Gonna be a long day and night. At least we don't have to do the restaurant tonight.

Part of the excitement of this industry is not knowing whats coming next.

Do you adjust well to these types of last minute changes?
That's precisely why I enjoy the water business over the carpet clenaing business. You could answer the phone and it be a $30k job! you never know!

hogjowl

Idiot™
My toilets are backing up tonight. We have two plumbing companies in town that advertise after hours, 24/7, emergency work. One isn't answering his phone, and isn't returning messages. The other answered, but won't come out until Friday.

Guess I'll be digging up my line tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom