"Oh, you got to get on Instagram!"

Mikey P

Administrator
Ive heard this many times in the last year from various businesses..

Who here is using it with success?

PM if you don't want your competition to know..

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: laura@legendbrands

FredC

Village Idiot
I would say yes just because its serves as a good piece of infrastructure....easy to reference and share.......and then there are the potential social benefits

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
You can't advertise on instagram yet, as far as I know. They did start rolling out ads with "select marketing partners" last year, but don't think the regular small biz can start ads on it yet. Otherwise I'd be running them like nuts.

Instagram is the bomb when you are using #hashtags. Try hash tagging your city, or keywords like #cleaning #carpet blah blah.. We post a lot of pictures and junk on it and have younger customers usually say.. "I seen you guys on instagram!" I'm thinking of promoting our instagram through our facebook page to get people to start following us. I only have a lowly 100 followers on our @naturaldry account, but over 300 pictures. Once you begin getting followers and into #hashtags, you can start running contests, promotions, etc. That's when you really get going. Example: If we get #naturaldry rolling, it will appear in the main feed of an instagram user instead of them searching for the hashtag, because no one is going to be searching #naturaldry. Or if you run a contest, #naturaldrycontest could get leverage an start appearing in organic feeds on user accounts.

Try searching #carpet or #carpetcleaning hashtag on instagram, you will see cleaners around the country using it, correctly, and incorrectly.

Last edited:

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
BTW: why we would want #naturaldry to appear in organic feed is because when you pull up that hashtag in the search, you see alot of our pictures included in that hashtag. You also see a bunch of girls showing pictures of their hair, because I guess its called "naturaldry" when you don't blow dry your hair after a shower. So along with our Before/Afters are all these random pictures under the hashtag.

Does this make sense Marty? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I've been using it. I can't tell you if it is helping. I know what areas I hit high in on Google, but I have noticed I am getting calls from internet searches from areas that I haven't ranked high in the past. I don't know if Instagram is helping or not.
I just throw out whatever I can into the social media world. Facebook has treated me good lately.

Name
Ross Martin
Are you better off learning the basics of how social media works and hiring someone to do it for you?

I read where someone was getting jobs from Facebook group garage sales.

The other day my neighbor mentioned to me I should post to Facebook garage sales for carpet cleaning.

What Facebook, garage sales and carpet cleaning have in common I don't know - but that does not mean it don't work.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ross if you want to learn Facebook or Google or just about anything Lynda.com has video training that is actually very good. Worth signing up for.

If you're wanting to use Facebook for SEO then pay someone. If you're wanting to use it to market your business. You should do it yourself.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
How so Charlie?

Got any stats?
On which one? FB or IG?
On facebook, I posted a pic of a red spot that I took out. One of my followers shared it and it got about 300 views. I booked a new customer for a $250 carpet and upholstery cleaning. She then scheduled me to come back for $200 tile cleaning. My posts have also prompted existing customers to schedule. Other than that, I don't have hard numbers.
On IG, I noticed that it is coming up in Google searches. I only have a few followers, but I don't think that matters too much.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
image.jpg

Instagram is also fun to do before and after shots with. And you can share it right to facebook from there. This is the red spot that made me some money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom