Oil Burning Heaters

R

R W

Anybody here using a waste oil burning heater in their shop or garage? I did some work today (car interiors) at a shop that had a waste oil heater. Man, this thing was pretty sharp, and didn't seem to have much of an exhaust problem (smoke). It will burn any type of used oil, including vegetable oil, and is relatively clean. The upfront pricing is a little high....maybe $4000-$5000, but it will be a way to get rid of used oil, and heat your shop pretty cheaply.

I've got natural gas heating now, and I keep it pretty low, around 45*. But I only use it to store the TM and stuff.

Kelly

i got an old oil burner that i have converted to heat my garage....i think john olson remembers it from jwc. the only problem i am having right now is keeping it filled with oil. we are only doing about 20 oil changes a month right now ...and fuel is scarce...kinda like old man wenseslass getting fire wood. lol

doug450

A guy I work with moved here from Boston,his dad has a truck shop there so they had alot of used oil,he said they have a waste oil heater and said it works awesome.
I work at a cement company and we service alot of cement mixer trks so you could imagine how much waste oil we have,we tried to talk our boss into getting a waste oil heater and instead he got us this piece of crap heater that runs on diesel,some diesel heaters are good but not this one. We pay a company to come pump our waste oil sump,I wonder how much it cost to get rid of the oil and then I bet the company that takes it away is making money by selling it.
O well

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Kelly said:
i got an old oil burner that i have converted to heat my garage....i think john olson remembers it from jwc. the only problem i am having right now is keeping it filled with oil. we are only doing about 20 oil changes a month right now ...and fuel is scarce...kinda like old man wenseslass getting fire wood. lol

don't forget to burn up all the blower oil, cat pump oil etc, all that shit

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom