Ok Experts Explain this!

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
Just received a new greenhorn wand today,

Set up as follows

El Diablo (which BTW has 3/8 internal plumbing)
100 ft. of 1/4" Tornado/AlphaJet Hose
600 PSI
Heat set @ 240-250 ATM

Ran the unit for about 5 minutes with Vac to test the wand, check jets, etc. Then I disconnected the vac hose to do my bucket test.

Used rubbermaid 12 gallon storage container, so I know I lost a little in steam vapor, But ...........

With one person checking the time, ran for 1 minute and guess what GPM was???

2.375 GPM :shock:

What gives, I expected somthing in the 1.5-1.75 GPM.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
My stock quadjet gives me those low numbers.. The whole point of moving up to a greenhorn wand is for the high flow, high recovery. The more water you can lay down and effciently extract in a certain time period, the more soil you can flush out quicker.

So.... What don't you get?

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
I don't know why, but I feel like frying some Bacon :mrgreen:

But this is with 5 02 Jets - 10 Flow, I didn't expect (at least from what I have read on the boards) to see 2.375 gpm with the 10 flow jet setting.

I am moving up from a stock PC Quad and it only showed just under 1.5 gpm.

hogjowl

Idiot™
There's bulletin board numbers and then there are real numbers.

On the BB, even electric TM's work good.

AND ... you can clean EVERYTHING with OP!

TimP

I might can explain this for greenie.

The old greenhorn was putting out about 1.7 gpm at 500 psi with .10 flow. He found that the solution line on the wand and possibly the manifold partialy was limiting the water flow. He has upgraded the manifold and solution line on the new wands he's making. There is about a .2 gpm maybe .3 gpm flow increase with the new set up without jets (that's comparing the old setup to the new). Greenie said he expects about 1.9-2.0 gpm out of the wand with 15 flow. To get 2 gpm out of .10 flow still shows we are flow limited still by the solution.....higher flow will get you a slight bit more flow but the reason why is less resistance. Until the wand is plumbed at 1/4 inch or 3/8th inch we aren't going to see what .10 flow can really flow and what .20 flow is capable of for sure.

That's why I mentioned in Danny's thread that plumbing is a limiting factor especially for .20 flow like he's running now. I bet he didn't get but a .1-.2 gpm increase, if that, over the 10 or 12 flow he was running before.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom