Okay stone(d) goo-roos, what kind of stone is this?

Name
Eric Valentine
Whoever installed this didn't think to seal it. I test cleaned a small area with a solution of powdered peroxide mixed in HOT water. Even the face of the tile lightened right up. The owner uses a steam mop to clean, and the tile is porous.

What would you all recommend to use for a cleaning solution, and what kind of sealer would work best?

View attachment 484View attachment 485

First tile call in about 2.5 years.....

Mikey P

Administrator
most likely the reason you think the tile is porous is the crappy Mop N Glow coating is coming off with your Peroxide pre spray

I'm not picking on ya Eric, easy mistake to make, the porcelains look so damn real now a days...

Just tickles me about Waldo..
Little F'r.

bumps me down the top25 list and can't even ID a man made tile. LOLOLO! KMA!

he needs to tell his story..

Last edited:
Name
Eric Valentine
I was told that she has used "everything you can imagine" to try and clean the grout. Funny how a little peroxide and a grout brush can get the original white back so easily. When I was in Las Veegas, I saw a LOT of white grout that wouldn't clean up because of the asphalt and coal tar sealer that was used everywhere there (the damned cement sidewalks and driveways had black stripes from it).

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I have five tiles the lady wants me to replace because Cobbs Powermax took off some kind of finish off. Probably going to have to strip the whole floor as there is something on the tile.

Golden Boy

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Consider using Peroxiblast powder. This is a cleaner made for ceramic and porcelain tile plus grout. Has a large percentage of powdered peroxide (sodium percarbonate) plus solvents and detergents.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom