Old Host Machine.What's its worth?

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Cleaned a guy's house the other day and he gave me a host machine he bought about 20 yrs ago. He said he only used it one time and didn't like it.

Only numbers on it are the SN#20034 and another #M6010D.

Anyone tell me what it is worth ($)?

Rex Tyus

Bet somebody comes on here and says it is a rental that was stolen 20 years ago and you have to turn it over to the rightful owners.

Greenie

well.....does it look "clean" and "only used once"?

You gonna keep it right?

very cool tool.

John Watson

A machine 20 yrs ago sold for about 700-950 if I am not mistaken. I have purchased them as low as $25 from pawn shops A used machine in good condition is worth 250 no problems. Till they came out with some of these newer RB style machines. Host and whitaker pretty much had these great prespray and pile agitators sewed up,

the reason Rex is mentioning stolen machines is host had hundreds if not thousands of a smaller brownish tan units out competing with rug doctor for the rental market.
A lot were stolen. they refuse( and rightly so ) to sell parts to these units which still legally belong to them, why not ask for them back.

Vincent thanks for sending in the serial number, Deb Deb can do a little research and tell you all about your machine.

Name
Deborah Lema
Okay here's what I found:

No drama involved with this machine from where we sit. So if it was involved in a drive-by, bludgeoning, or robbery, it happened after it was sold.

That machine is a model M built in 1982, so it's 26 years old. First went to Minnesota and has not had known repair issues. If you would like to check "one-owner" status with me, let me know the first name of the guy you got it from and I'll confirm or deny.

As far as used machine pricing is concerned, it's kind of like cars... if it's running fine, then the price is based on beat up it looks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom