One man water damage

Jerry

Supportive Member
Can this be done on small losses? I have doing some small losses for the past few years myself, but with limited extra help at a moments help trying to remove carpet and pad, it is frustrating at times. I live in a small community and I am the only local company that will come out. SM is about 40 minutes away and it seems not to wild about driving any distance. Am I just beating my head against the wall?
I have invested in a few larger dehus and about a dozen airmovers, I extract with my TM and waterclaw, taken the classes,etc. and try to do everything right. Is this the kind of work that will eventually left to large players in the industry or is there still some hope for the on man bands?
Thanks!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I got out of theWD because as an Owner/operator I didn't want to be on call 24/7. Plus I only had 2 airmovers, and I didn't want to get into cutting into the walls.

Its very doable as one person, just takes longer. I did restore a house that flooded from a burst water line in a bathroom for about a week. Pulled the carpet up, removed the affected pad, airmovers and dehums (a lot of rentals) and 9 days later it was all dry. They got an installer in to reinstall pad and carpet, then I did a final cleaning. I didn't have to worry about the walls much as it was a log house and the basement was not finished.

TOo much liability now with all the mold.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've done many by myself, however when it comes to moving large pieces of furniture or removing pad or dry wall it can be too much for one man.

On WDR jobs that I was going to need help, I would do the extraction an move all smaller contents, until a carpet crew would arrive to help with the larger pieces or with the removal of carpet, pad or drywall.

Johnnyone

I Have done many water jobs by my self. Some times the home owner is there to help. I will cut the carpet into small rolls that I can handle and use sliders to move large items. The contractors trash bags work well for removing trash. On the 2nd day I will have a helper there to get the big stuff done. Like they said it is doable.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
With the right equipment and proper training most cat 1 and cat 2 jobs can be dried with little or no demolition and rebuilding. Let the equipment work for you. If you need help on larger jobs hire someone to work with you for the day and charge for their time. In this economy you should be able to find someone that works hard and is trustworthy.

Johnnyone

kmdineen said:
With the right equipment and proper training most cat 1 and cat 2 jobs can be dried with little or no demolition and rebuilding. Let the equipment work for you. If you need help on larger jobs hire someone to work with you for the day and charge for their time. In this economy you should be able to find someone that works hard and is trustworthy.

Right on 8)

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i agee with the above post, just get help when you need it. it is sad to say but there are alo0t of good people out there ight now that are trustworthy but unemployed and could use some work any work whenever you need them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom