One of today's jobs

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not allowed to show pics of the interior. Cleaned carpets and upholstery so they could go "camping" this weekend. Damn thing is almost as big as my condo and much more luxurious.
IMG_20180524_095248.jpg

Reactions: Foothills Phil

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
How do you price something like that?
Very little carpet. Most of the floors are natural stone. 2 small settees with fixed cushions. Took me 45 minutes. $150. Can't take pics inside because of a proprietary security system. The owner owns a security company. I should have taken a pic of his house instead. New construction, about 10,000 square feet. I'll be giving him a quote next year on the carpets. Regular customer for the last 20 years. Done very well for himself. I should take lessons.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
150???

It was an easy/peasy job. I gets lots of work, bother residential and commercial from his family. Got be fair. The upholstery was all herculon stuff and the rest was leather. I am coming back for the leather. $400 and it will take me 1.5-2 hours. I don't want to touch the stone.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
BradFenstermaker
I clean alot of the coach's. We charge by the hour.
Some are easy some are loaded with detail work.
Do the grout in them too. That's scary.
Educate them on how we can't control moisture 100%. Most just say clean it.

Good money and short hose runs.

Mikey P

Administrator
Good to hear Ron. We can't all get the BLOVIATED ARROGANT prices Mikey charges.

Does Bloviated means charging to compensate for the risk factor of sending 4 young men into estates where they'll be cleaning flooring that cost $900 a square yard along with working with fans and hoses around artwork that has a value greater than Nebraska's annual GNP..?

You ever experience an 18x18 painting about to fall off the wall because of your Airpath?

that the customer paid 97 million for?

Come on out fir a ride along James, we'll take you to OZ and show you around....

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I don't care how many hoes can fit in it, I turn down all RV's.

Now watch. Now that I said that I'm going to book one. I hate cleaning tight places. We have a large houseboat community here in Redding. I'm always turning those down. I let @see spots run chase those guys. Not enough urine for me to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foothills Phil
Name
Jeff T
Does Bloviated means charging to compensate for the risk factor of sending 4 young men into estates where they'll be cleaning flooring that cost $900 a square yard along with working with fans and hoses around artwork that has a value greater than Nebraska's annual GNP..?

You ever experience an 18x18 painting about to fall off the wall because of your Airpath?

that the customer paid 97 million for?

Come on out fir a ride along James, we'll take you to OZ and show you around....
I’m pretty sure he’s used to artwork that’s worth 97$....

Name
Jeff T
Big Jim and I were talking today about an aircraft he was cleaning. It was a Dessault Falcon 8X. List price? 60 Million US.... now, cleaning something like this takes special care and attention. The owner would EXPECT to pay a premium. If you charge section 8 prices, he wouldn’t even consider hiring you..... these people are looking for a service PROFESSIONAL, NOT A CARPET CLEANER..... if one does not understand this, go back to section 8’s.....

steve_64

Problem with servicing the ultra wealthy is there isn't enough of them to keep you busy enough to earn a good living if that's all you service.

Unless you live in their area which most of us don't. So we charge for the customers who live near us.

I like to keep busy not work one day a month.

It's kinda like those guys with the spotless work vehicles they aren't workers.

Probably got soft hands too.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I’ve got a huge job tomorrow. If you guys don’t hear from me, I’m dead with a wand in my hand.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I don't clean section 8 housing...................I clean mobile homes. There is a difference you know. Don't ever insult me like that again or I will come at you like a spider monkey!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The few that I have done really smelled FUNKY..................too many Marties living there.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
One of my chimps backed into a vase at a bank and broke it. I knew I was in trouble when they called and said it was antique Vause.:icon_rolleyes:

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I used to do all of the upscale stuff here and got tired of the drama. Priced myself out. Now that I just supervise they seem to be coming back. I think my aces are more subservient than I am. Nice coach. I just love motorhomes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom